Advertising

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2002
      So much for the sender reading our comments!

      fsuqwkjdonnh [fsuqwkjdonnh@...] [Meditation Society of America] check
      this site out! http://pindrome.4t.com/index.html

      My sense is that it is a program.

      1) The program generated user name
      2) The lack of supporting text
      3) The similarity of subject line
      4) The lack of response to our comments

      I can imagine such a program generating thousands of mails every day. We
      could be witnessing the birth of a new life form.

      Maybe we could ask all members to post a confirmation they are human - how
      about a mediation journal entry?

      I hope my sense of humor is getting across!

      Recall the Sensa-humor joke? Maybe Nasrudin has a version for us.

      ...Tony
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2002
        I went through the member's list and was able to pick out the following
        suspects:

        byvvvupnufvl
        djyplrlvaxvs
        fsuqwkjdonnh

        They all have no entries in the Yahoo profile apart from their Yahoo ID
        They all have seemingly program generated user names.

        Based on the pattern of their joining dates, (every 4-5 days) we should have
        a new one join us today (September 22nd)

        Maybe these members could step forward and identify themselves.

        ...Sleepless in Lagos

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21, 2002
          Dear Tony,
          OK - I've banned them, and have notified Yahoo about this, and it is
          definitly a violation of Yahoo's spam policy, and I'm sure this will
          be dealt with properly. So, let's just drop the commenting about it -
          this will disempower them, and I will simply keep deleting their
          posts until Yahoo deals with them. As we say here in Philly, "This
          ain't no big thing!"
          "Tony" <tosime@l...> wrote:
          > I went through the member's list and was able to pick out the
          following
          > suspects:
          >
          > byvvvupnufvl
          > djyplrlvaxvs
          > fsuqwkjdonnh
          >
          > They all have no entries in the Yahoo profile apart from their
          Yahoo
          ID
          > They all have seemingly program generated user names.
          >
          > Based on the pattern of their joining dates, (every 4-5 days) we
          should have
          > a new one join us today (September 22nd)
          >
          > Maybe these members could step forward and identify themselves.
          >
          > ...Sleepless in Lagos

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Tony
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2002
            Hi Bob,

            Sorry if it looked like I blew things out of proportion. I simply could not
            sleep last night and did not think of anything better to do - like
            meditating!

            ...Tony