Re: hello

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003
      <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
      > We can use the word 'exploration' to describe
      > our attempt to understand what it is, that emerges
      > from the unknown... but it is very tempting to
      > apply the labels which other have prepared in
      > advance... the best advice is to 'leave the unknown
      > as the unknown', and to remain in observation...
      > this is like the explorer of the wilderness who carries
      > a camera, rather than a gun... to observe and to
      > record, rather than to 'bag the game'...

      This is so rich.

      It seems, that what we are engaged in on these lists,
      is observation. An unending stream of observations,
      speaking amongst themselves, delivered up as essays,
      poems, disputes, and offerings of gratitude. Do you
      know the Wim Wenders film Himmel Ueber Berlin (Wings
      of Desire), where the angels are listening to the
      thoughts of people? The individual thoughts are so
      pungent, each a unique story, but when heard in unison,
      a greater story is heard. It is the story of the human
      condition, but also something more..

      I enjoyed your letter..

      Nina