[Meditation Society of America] Re: What's the fuss?

  • satkartar14
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Birth is thus
      > > > Death is thus
      > > > Verse or no verse
      > > > What's the fuss?
      > > >
      > > > birth is this
      > > > death is that
      > > > verse or no verse
      > > > splat
      > >
      > > Hey, that's pretty good, Devi.
      > >
      > > Here's another:
      > >
      > > In Memory of Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard:
      > >
      > > Birth is here,
      > > Death is there,
      > > Verse or no verse,
      > > Watch out for that bear!
      > >
      > Well, I've read this thread in
      > it's entirety now and I must
      > admit that I'm no verse for
      > vear.

      Bruce,

      my vote is
      on your song

      > http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucsong.htm
    • satkartar14
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003

        > > > Hey, that's pretty good, Devi.
        > > >
        > > > Here's another:
        > > >
        > > > In Memory of Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard:
        > > >
        > > > Birth is here,
        > > > Death is there,
        > > > Verse or no verse,
        > > > Watch out for that bear!
        > > >
        > > Well, I've read this thread in
        > > it's entirety now and I must
        > > admit that I'm no verse for
        > > vear.
        >
        > What? Did you say you're
        > no borscht for bears?

        hahaha,

        lets add holy
        paprika to
        the soup

        blessed by me

        Karta
      • satkartar14
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:

          > > > devi: what does that mean,,verse for vear?
          > > > >
          > > It's a German-accented person
          > > trying to say "worse for wear."
          >
          > LOL! Speaking of German and 'sense of humor'...
          >
          > Today I received a funny joke email:
          >
          > Hi, I am trying to sell my relatively
          > new digital Nikon camera.
          > I am in the hospital now, and
          > won't be using it anymore.
          > I have attached the last photograph
          > I took with the camera
          > so that you can have a sense
          > of what the photo quality is.
          >
          > Attached was a photograph of a street
          > in Spain during the running of the bulls.
          > In the background, there is a large crowd
          > of men, eyes bugging at a bull that is in their
          > midst. In the foreground is the enormous
          > nose, then head, then horns of a black bull,
          > turning nearly sideways in its charge at the
          > camera.
          >
          > I sent this email to my mother, thinking:
          > she'll laugh.
          >
          > Within five minutes, I receive a phonecall:
          > Mother: (
          > No Hello, how are you..) YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
          >
          > Nina: No, Mutti, I'm fine.
          > Did you get the email?
          >
          > M: WHAT EMAIL? YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
          >
          > N: No, I'm not in the hospital.
          > That email was a joke.
          >
          > M: I don't see how it was a joke.
          > You said you were in the hospital.
          >
          > N: No, that's what the email says.
          > I'm fine. Did you open the
          > attachment?
          >
          > M: Yes, it was a picture of a bull.
          > Are you still going to sell your camera?
          >
          > N: I'm not in the hospital, and I'm not
          > selling a camera. That email was JUST A JOKE.
          >
          > M: It was a joke?
          >
          > N: Yes - do you understand how it is funny?
          >
          > M: No...
          >
          > N: Well, you see... (proceed to explain the
          > entire relationship between photograph and
          > "last photograph" and "in the hospital" and
          > "selling the camera")... see? That's funny...
          >
          > M: Oh, ok. As long as you're not in the hospital.
          >
          > LOL!
          >
          > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
          > from dad.
          >
          > Nina

          LOL

          ohmygod!

          reading this

          I just got realized

          and lightening srtuckeD

          my head

        • devianandi
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003

            > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
            > from dad.
            >
            > Nina

            devi: that was funny nina...i laughed out loud...your lucky you still
            have a mother
          • Onniko
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
              <murrkis@y...> wrote:

              > > > devi: what does that mean,,verse for vear?
              > > > >
              > > It's a German-accented person
              > > trying to say "worse for wear."
              >
              > LOL! Speaking of German and 'sense of humor'...
              >
              > Today I received a funny joke email:
              >
              > Hi, I am trying to sell my relatively
              > new digital Nikon camera.
              > I am in the hospital now, and
              > won't be using it anymore.
              > I have attached the last photograph
              > I took with the camera
              > so that you can have a sense
              > of what the photo quality is.
              >
              > Attached was a photograph of a street
              > in Spain during the running of the bulls.
              > In the background, there is a large crowd
              > of men, eyes bugging at a bull that is in their
              > midst. In the foreground is the enormous
              > nose, then head, then horns of a black bull,
              > turning nearly sideways in its charge at the
              > camera.
              >
              > I sent this email to my mother, thinking:
              > she'll laugh.
              >
              > Within five minutes, I receive a phonecall:
              > Mother: (
              > No Hello, how are you..) YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
              >
              > Nina: No, Mutti, I'm fine.
              > Did you get the email?
              >
              > M: WHAT EMAIL? YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
              >
              > N: No, I'm not in the hospital.
              > That email was a joke.
              >
              > M: I don't see how it was a joke.
              > You said you were in the hospital.
              >
              > N: No, that's what the email says.
              > I'm fine. Did you open the
              > attachment?
              >
              > M: Yes, it was a picture of a bull.
              > Are you still going to sell your camera?
              >
              > N: I'm not in the hospital, and I'm not
              > selling a camera. That email was JUST A JOKE.
              >
              > M: It was a joke?
              >
              > N: Yes - do you understand how it is funny?
              >
              > M: No...
              >
              > N: Well, you see... (proceed to explain the
              > entire relationship between photograph and
              > "last photograph" and "in the hospital" and
              > "selling the camera")... see? That's funny...
              >
              > M: Oh, ok. As long as you're not in the hospital.
              >
              > LOL!
              >
              > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
              > from dad.
              >
              > Nina

              Oh, that's hysterical, Nina! Your poor mother!
            • Bruce Morgen
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003

                On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 22:20:13 -0000 "Nina" <murrkis@...> writes:
> [...]
                Death is thus

                death is that

                it's entirety now and I must

                > > > devi: what
                does that mean,,verse for vear?

                > > It's a
                German-accented person
                > > trying to say "worse for wear."
                >
                > LOL! Speaking of German and 'sense of humor'...
                >
                > Today
                I received a funny joke email:

                > Hi, I am trying to sell my
                relatively
                > new digital Nikon camera.
                > I am in the hospital now,
                and
                > won't be using it anymore.
                > I have attached the last
                photograph
                > I took with the camera
                > so that you can have a sense
                > of what the photo quality is.
                >
                > Attached was a
                photograph of a street
                > in Spain during the running of the bulls.

                In the background, there is a large crowd
                > of men, eyes bugging at a bull
                that is in their
                > midst. In the foreground is the enormous
                > nose,
                then head, then horns of a black bull,
                > turning nearly sideways in its
                charge at the
                > camera.
                >
                > I sent this email to my mother,
                thinking:
                > she'll laugh.
                >
                > Within five minutes, I receive
                a phonecall:
                > Mother: (
                > No Hello, how are you..) YOU'RE IN THE
                HOSPITAL!

                > Nina: No, Mutti, I'm fine.
                > Did you get the
                email?

                > M: WHAT EMAIL? YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!

                N: No, I'm not in the hospital.
                > That email was a joke.

                M: I don't see how it was a joke.
                > You said you were in the
                hospital.

                > N: No, that's what the email says.
                > I'm fine.
                Did you open the
                > attachment?
                >
                > M: Yes, it was a picture
                of a bull.
                > Are you still going to sell your camera?
                >
                > N:
                I'm not in the hospital, and I'm not
                > selling a camera. That email was
                JUST A JOKE.

                > M: It was a joke?
                >
                > N: Yes - do you
                understand how it is funny?

                > M: No...
                >
                > N: Well,
                you see... (proceed to explain the
                > entire relationship between
                photograph and
                > "last photograph" and "in the hospital" and

                "selling the camera")... see? That's funny...

                > M: Oh, ok. As
                long as you're not in the hospital.

                > LOL!
                >
                > Ach,
                du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
                > from dad.

                Did you hear the one about
                the Westphalian who loved
                his wife so much that he
                almost told her?
              • Bruce Morgen
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 10, 2003

                  On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:19:53 -0000 devianandi <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:

                  > > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the
                  laugh genes
                  > > from dad.
                  > >
                  > > Nina
                  >
                  > devi: that was funny nina...i laughed out loud...your lucky you
                  > still have a mother

                  My karma is so wondrous that
                  I have both a mother and a
                  mom-in-law.  Nice ladies