Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: What's the joke?

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003

      On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 22:20:13 -0000 "Nina" <murrkis@...> writes:
> [...]
      Death is thus

      death is that

      it's entirety now and I must

      > > > devi: what
      does that mean,,verse for vear?

      > > It's a
      German-accented person
      > > trying to say "worse for wear."
      >
      > LOL! Speaking of German and 'sense of humor'...
      >
      > Today
      I received a funny joke email:

      > Hi, I am trying to sell my
      relatively
      > new digital Nikon camera.
      > I am in the hospital now,
      and
      > won't be using it anymore.
      > I have attached the last
      photograph
      > I took with the camera
      > so that you can have a sense
      > of what the photo quality is.
      >
      > Attached was a
      photograph of a street
      > in Spain during the running of the bulls.

      In the background, there is a large crowd
      > of men, eyes bugging at a bull
      that is in their
      > midst. In the foreground is the enormous
      > nose,
      then head, then horns of a black bull,
      > turning nearly sideways in its
      charge at the
      > camera.
      >
      > I sent this email to my mother,
      thinking:
      > she'll laugh.
      >
      > Within five minutes, I receive
      a phonecall:
      > Mother: (
      > No Hello, how are you..) YOU'RE IN THE
      HOSPITAL!

      > Nina: No, Mutti, I'm fine.
      > Did you get the
      email?

      > M: WHAT EMAIL? YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!

      N: No, I'm not in the hospital.
      > That email was a joke.

      M: I don't see how it was a joke.
      > You said you were in the
      hospital.

      > N: No, that's what the email says.
      > I'm fine.
      Did you open the
      > attachment?
      >
      > M: Yes, it was a picture
      of a bull.
      > Are you still going to sell your camera?
      >
      > N:
      I'm not in the hospital, and I'm not
      > selling a camera. That email was
      JUST A JOKE.

      > M: It was a joke?
      >
      > N: Yes - do you
      understand how it is funny?

      > M: No...
      >
      > N: Well,
      you see... (proceed to explain the
      > entire relationship between
      photograph and
      > "last photograph" and "in the hospital" and

      "selling the camera")... see? That's funny...

      > M: Oh, ok. As
      long as you're not in the hospital.

      > LOL!
      >
      > Ach,
      du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
      > from dad.

      Did you hear the one about
      the Westphalian who loved
      his wife so much that he
      almost told her?
    • satkartar14
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
        > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Birth is thus
        > > > Death is thus
        > > > Verse or no verse
        > > > What's the fuss?
        > > >
        > > > birth is this
        > > > death is that
        > > > verse or no verse
        > > > splat
        > >
        > > Hey, that's pretty good, Devi.
        > >
        > > Here's another:
        > >
        > > In Memory of Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard:
        > >
        > > Birth is here,
        > > Death is there,
        > > Verse or no verse,
        > > Watch out for that bear!
        > >
        > Well, I've read this thread in
        > it's entirety now and I must
        > admit that I'm no verse for
        > vear.

        Bruce,

        my vote is
        on your song

        > http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucsong.htm
      • satkartar14
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003

          > > > Hey, that's pretty good, Devi.
          > > >
          > > > Here's another:
          > > >
          > > > In Memory of Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard:
          > > >
          > > > Birth is here,
          > > > Death is there,
          > > > Verse or no verse,
          > > > Watch out for that bear!
          > > >
          > > Well, I've read this thread in
          > > it's entirety now and I must
          > > admit that I'm no verse for
          > > vear.
          >
          > What? Did you say you're
          > no borscht for bears?

          hahaha,

          lets add holy
          paprika to
          the soup

          blessed by me

          Karta
        • satkartar14
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:

            > > > devi: what does that mean,,verse for vear?
            > > > >
            > > It's a German-accented person
            > > trying to say "worse for wear."
            >
            > LOL! Speaking of German and 'sense of humor'...
            >
            > Today I received a funny joke email:
            >
            > Hi, I am trying to sell my relatively
            > new digital Nikon camera.
            > I am in the hospital now, and
            > won't be using it anymore.
            > I have attached the last photograph
            > I took with the camera
            > so that you can have a sense
            > of what the photo quality is.
            >
            > Attached was a photograph of a street
            > in Spain during the running of the bulls.
            > In the background, there is a large crowd
            > of men, eyes bugging at a bull that is in their
            > midst. In the foreground is the enormous
            > nose, then head, then horns of a black bull,
            > turning nearly sideways in its charge at the
            > camera.
            >
            > I sent this email to my mother, thinking:
            > she'll laugh.
            >
            > Within five minutes, I receive a phonecall:
            > Mother: (
            > No Hello, how are you..) YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
            >
            > Nina: No, Mutti, I'm fine.
            > Did you get the email?
            >
            > M: WHAT EMAIL? YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
            >
            > N: No, I'm not in the hospital.
            > That email was a joke.
            >
            > M: I don't see how it was a joke.
            > You said you were in the hospital.
            >
            > N: No, that's what the email says.
            > I'm fine. Did you open the
            > attachment?
            >
            > M: Yes, it was a picture of a bull.
            > Are you still going to sell your camera?
            >
            > N: I'm not in the hospital, and I'm not
            > selling a camera. That email was JUST A JOKE.
            >
            > M: It was a joke?
            >
            > N: Yes - do you understand how it is funny?
            >
            > M: No...
            >
            > N: Well, you see... (proceed to explain the
            > entire relationship between photograph and
            > "last photograph" and "in the hospital" and
            > "selling the camera")... see? That's funny...
            >
            > M: Oh, ok. As long as you're not in the hospital.
            >
            > LOL!
            >
            > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
            > from dad.
            >
            > Nina

            LOL

            ohmygod!

            reading this

            I just got realized

            and lightening srtuckeD

            my head

          • devianandi
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003

              > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
              > from dad.
              >
              > Nina

              devi: that was funny nina...i laughed out loud...your lucky you still
              have a mother
            • Bruce Morgen
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003

                On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:19:53 -0000 devianandi <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:

                > > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the
                laugh genes
                > > from dad.
                > >
                > > Nina
                >
                > devi: that was funny nina...i laughed out loud...your lucky you
                > still have a mother

                My karma is so wondrous that
                I have both a mother and a
                mom-in-law.  Nice ladies
                both, but the generational
                and cultural chasm rivals
                the Grand Canyon!        :-)
              • Onniko
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 9, 2003
                  <murrkis@y...> wrote:

                  > > > devi: what does that mean,,verse for vear?
                  > > > >
                  > > It's a German-accented person
                  > > trying to say "worse for wear."
                  >
                  > LOL! Speaking of German and 'sense of humor'...
                  >
                  > Today I received a funny joke email:
                  >
                  > Hi, I am trying to sell my relatively
                  > new digital Nikon camera.
                  > I am in the hospital now, and
                  > won't be using it anymore.
                  > I have attached the last photograph
                  > I took with the camera
                  > so that you can have a sense
                  > of what the photo quality is.
                  >
                  > Attached was a photograph of a street
                  > in Spain during the running of the bulls.
                  > In the background, there is a large crowd
                  > of men, eyes bugging at a bull that is in their
                  > midst. In the foreground is the enormous
                  > nose, then head, then horns of a black bull,
                  > turning nearly sideways in its charge at the
                  > camera.
                  >
                  > I sent this email to my mother, thinking:
                  > she'll laugh.
                  >
                  > Within five minutes, I receive a phonecall:
                  > Mother: (
                  > No Hello, how are you..) YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
                  >
                  > Nina: No, Mutti, I'm fine.
                  > Did you get the email?
                  >
                  > M: WHAT EMAIL? YOU'RE IN THE HOSPITAL!
                  >
                  > N: No, I'm not in the hospital.
                  > That email was a joke.
                  >
                  > M: I don't see how it was a joke.
                  > You said you were in the hospital.
                  >
                  > N: No, that's what the email says.
                  > I'm fine. Did you open the
                  > attachment?
                  >
                  > M: Yes, it was a picture of a bull.
                  > Are you still going to sell your camera?
                  >
                  > N: I'm not in the hospital, and I'm not
                  > selling a camera. That email was JUST A JOKE.
                  >
                  > M: It was a joke?
                  >
                  > N: Yes - do you understand how it is funny?
                  >
                  > M: No...
                  >
                  > N: Well, you see... (proceed to explain the
                  > entire relationship between photograph and
                  > "last photograph" and "in the hospital" and
                  > "selling the camera")... see? That's funny...
                  >
                  > M: Oh, ok. As long as you're not in the hospital.
                  >
                  > LOL!
                  >
                  > Ach, du Himmel! I think I got the laugh genes
                  > from dad.
                  >
                  > Nina

                  Oh, that's hysterical, Nina! Your poor mother!