Re: organism and identity / for sg

  • Swami Ganga-Puri Kaliuttamananda-Giri
    Message 1 of 105 , Oct 2, 2003
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:

      > When the inspiration fails, it is no worse than
      > a sandcastle being washed away by the beach tide.
      > Tomorrow, I build another sandcastle.
      >
      > The thing is, I do know that at any time, I could
      > let go of the sandcastle building... but why?
      > Maybe you know why and would share the why...

      SG: one perhaps builds sandcastles until there is no longer
      an attachment to building and creating a structured form ......
      Inspirations may be wrapped up in sandcastles .....

      perhaps at that point one simply creates them out of the joy of
      the moment..... not expecting them to last but simply for the
      beauty and joy of spontaneous art and motion which flows from
      the Bliss of Being here now in this place in this moment .......
      it needs not carry behind it some representation or hidden
      meaning it simply is as it is Beautiful and sacred within it's own
      right.......

      then as in all things (this creation of the moment) simply falls
      away so that another image may take its place

      First one goes beyond the transient unfolding play before it is
      fully understood and appreciated for what it is ....... then one
      steps back into the lila and play simply Enjoying that lila as an
      expression of Infinite Love in motion........ Formless or Form it
      is the same Essense minus the distinguishing factors .....

      N: > It is possible to see space as both positive and negative, in
      which case, the difference between space and form becomes
      relative, but the distinction still exists.

      SG: anytime it is separated as either, or, this duality rises .....
      it is mind and framework that separates and wants to categorize
      it into a hardened point of reference...... when the framework
      drops then it simply IS....... IS does not need to hold a boxed
      identification which is a separation into subject and object......

      N: > For instance, the distinction that is drawn between being 'in
      love' and 'out of love'.
      > I wonder that it seems important that we all express 'being in
      love' all the time and in a certain manner.

      SG: then does it not become rather than simply what IS as a
      fragrance and essense lessened and degraded into an object
      ...... a subject matter ...... in or out .....
      rather than simply remaining Infinite without boundaries ---

      Doesn't a ( the solidified self) attempt to objectify it and relate it
      to a self image first and love after....... (therefore turning it into a
      have or have not ? an action or grasping in relationship to
      conceptualized identity rather than simply Being )
      When simply LOVE is ----- what need is there to separate it into
      an object to have or not have........ does the "I" have love ? or
      lose Love ? or is it LOVE as inherant IS........

      in Non-Duality it simply IS ----- not more nor less --- it is Infinite
      and the Essense and Source of all Life......

      in Duality it is degraded into an object to have or not have..... to
      give or not give ...... the self image gets in the way of simply
      Love as IS ..........

      N: Well, ok, we always return to this. :)

      SG: hahahahaha perhaps so .... everything proceeds from
      Source and returns to Source in some manner......

      Infinite Love
    • Era
      Message 105 of 105 , Oct 5, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > photographs with radiused corners, the blues and greens and sand
        > colors of photographs from that time, the reds always slightly
        > pungent, as if the pigment were wired and erratic, unsure of its
        > place in the film. There we are, squatting in the sand: my blond-
        > haired mother, sitting aside, arm around the barrel-chest of the
        > small grey dog; my father and a very small I sitting together,
        > scraping sand into forms. What the photograph barely hints at is the
        > joy of building that sandcastle, part enjoyment of the sand and
        > water, part thrill and satisfaction of building it with my father.
        > What the photograph doesn't contain is what came later. After
        > building it, I felt so much happiness and pride; we played in the
        > water, and I kept looking back to see that sandcastle sitting before
        > the waves. Then the two boys came, stepping into the sandcastle,
        > crushing it. I cried salt tears to the sea, inconsolable, and unable
        > to explain or even understand that the greatest loss was not the
        > sandcastle, but what the sandcastle represented.
        >
        > 2. We like to go early to the beach, before the beach patrol comes on
        > line, and let our dogs run off leash. One morning, on the way back,
        > we are walking close to the dunes, past a sandcastle left above the
        > tide line. One of the dogs stalks the sandcastle, circling it,
        > sniffing it carefully, as if the castle might move. She notes the
        > hollow center of the castle, and daintily scratches it with one paw,
        > once, twice. Moving within the hollow, she begins to dig, throwing
        > large arcs of sand beneath and behind her, very efficiently deepening
        > the hollow. Sufficiently inspired, she leaps from the castle, and
        > runs circles on the beach. She is amazing, lean muscle and arching
        > back, her earth-pounding feet carrying her so close to us on her
        > returns that her breath is heard and wake is felt.
        >
        > 3. After the walk, I remain on the beach after the others return
        > home. The sun is coming up, pink and orange, and the sky is humid and
        > a thick blue-grey. The moon is still out, and a few stars, but are
        > gradually fading in a sky that is approaching their brilliance. I
        > stand within the laps of the waves, and look out to the rocking
        > shrimp boats, and the long, thin horizon beyond. With each receding
        > wave, the water draws sand from beneath the edges of my feet.
        > Eventually, I am balancing on two pyramids beneath my arches. I find
        > that if I am not perfectly balanced through the soles of my feet as
        > these pyramids form, that eventually I must cling to the tops of the
        > pyramids with the muscles of my legs, lest my feet slide from the
        > pyramids. I stand for a long while like this, trying on new pyramids,
        > learning as a matter of course what it is to be perfectly balanced
        > within my soles, and how transparent and effortless that feels,
        > watching the night suns recede as I am warmed by the heat advancing
        > in the eastern sky. At some point, the shrimp boats disappear, and I

        Nina, you just made my day

        smiles