Re: organism and identity / for sg

  • manjusrilotus
    Message 1 of 105 , Oct 1 3:25 PM
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:
      > SG,
      > I maintain my privacy on the web,
      > and for good reason. It has nothing
      > to do with the relative openness of
      > this heart.
      > Kindness and receptivity
      > may be expressed in ways that do not
      > involve baring all - in ways that
      > might surprise you. For instance,
      > we are both taking the time and energy
      > to respond thoughtfully, or heartfeltfully,
      > if you prefer, to each others' messages.
      > Openness is a receptivity, a receptivity
      > which may be present, with or without
      > the expected outpouring.
      > By the way, walls may be barriers,
      > and contain us as within a cell,
      > but without them, space cannot
      > be appreciated.
      > Nina

      SG: don't know about that as i can be out in nature and
      appreciate space quite well without walls......... (this is not said
      in a sarcastic light but in all honesty)

      your view is appreciated ......

      i understand that being transparent brings with it others
      judgements as to hidden motivations etc. .... but judging will
      happen either way ....... so caution to the wind may we stride
      boldly forward in Love giving what may be given in whatever
      measure it may be accepted ........

      If your intent is pure and above board no matter what the
      backlash there will remain only Peace...... Being that Love which
      inherantly we are at the core........

      Infinite Love
    • Era
      Message 105 of 105 , Oct 5 4:51 AM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > photographs with radiused corners, the blues and greens and sand
        > colors of photographs from that time, the reds always slightly
        > pungent, as if the pigment were wired and erratic, unsure of its
        > place in the film. There we are, squatting in the sand: my blond-
        > haired mother, sitting aside, arm around the barrel-chest of the
        > small grey dog; my father and a very small I sitting together,
        > scraping sand into forms. What the photograph barely hints at is the
        > joy of building that sandcastle, part enjoyment of the sand and
        > water, part thrill and satisfaction of building it with my father.
        > What the photograph doesn't contain is what came later. After
        > building it, I felt so much happiness and pride; we played in the
        > water, and I kept looking back to see that sandcastle sitting before
        > the waves. Then the two boys came, stepping into the sandcastle,
        > crushing it. I cried salt tears to the sea, inconsolable, and unable
        > to explain or even understand that the greatest loss was not the
        > sandcastle, but what the sandcastle represented.
        > 2. We like to go early to the beach, before the beach patrol comes on
        > line, and let our dogs run off leash. One morning, on the way back,
        > we are walking close to the dunes, past a sandcastle left above the
        > tide line. One of the dogs stalks the sandcastle, circling it,
        > sniffing it carefully, as if the castle might move. She notes the
        > hollow center of the castle, and daintily scratches it with one paw,
        > once, twice. Moving within the hollow, she begins to dig, throwing
        > large arcs of sand beneath and behind her, very efficiently deepening
        > the hollow. Sufficiently inspired, she leaps from the castle, and
        > runs circles on the beach. She is amazing, lean muscle and arching
        > back, her earth-pounding feet carrying her so close to us on her
        > returns that her breath is heard and wake is felt.
        > 3. After the walk, I remain on the beach after the others return
        > home. The sun is coming up, pink and orange, and the sky is humid and
        > a thick blue-grey. The moon is still out, and a few stars, but are
        > gradually fading in a sky that is approaching their brilliance. I
        > stand within the laps of the waves, and look out to the rocking
        > shrimp boats, and the long, thin horizon beyond. With each receding
        > wave, the water draws sand from beneath the edges of my feet.
        > Eventually, I am balancing on two pyramids beneath my arches. I find
        > that if I am not perfectly balanced through the soles of my feet as
        > these pyramids form, that eventually I must cling to the tops of the
        > pyramids with the muscles of my legs, lest my feet slide from the
        > pyramids. I stand for a long while like this, trying on new pyramids,
        > learning as a matter of course what it is to be perfectly balanced
        > within my soles, and how transparent and effortless that feels,
        > watching the night suns recede as I am warmed by the heat advancing
        > in the eastern sky. At some point, the shrimp boats disappear, and I

        Nina, you just made my day