Karta Devi emotional energy Re: No personal attacks

  • Era
    Message 1 of 105 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hi Bob,

      > > > Devi, you've got a point. OK ladies,
      > >

      > > we have a saying in Hungary:
      > >
      > > "if its not your coat don't put it on"
      > >
      > > only if you recognize it yours and fits
      > > you can ware it
      > >
      > > I think in America they say: "if the shoe
      > > doesn't fit don't ware it
      > >
      > > > I want to remind
      > > > you that I asked you both (Karta and Devi) to "Please
      > > > never mention (Karta/Devi) on this list again.
      > >

      > > OK
      > >

      > > > This is a place to share consciousness
      > > > evolving things. Thanks in advance for your
      > > > cooperation." Maybe I didn't make it clear enough.
      > > > This request would include referring to either again in any
      > > > way. This would of course include any racist, antiSemetic,
      > >

      > > jewish princess IS NOT! anti semitic;
      > > it is a commonly used name depicting
      > > a triad of characteristics in just 2
      > > words and its used widely in high
      > > literature too
      > >
      > "Jewish princess" IS anti Semetic and IS hurtful to many.
      > The "N" word is also commonly used, and used in
      > literature, but I bet you wouldn't want to try using it
      > in North Philly.

      no!

      but in the Watts that is the way
      blacks great each other:

      "whatz up nigger?"

      so it became a joke, has no charge,
      they diffused it themselves: Criss Rock
      Arsenio Hall ..they have a ball with it

      same here with the "jewish princess"

      but I do accept your valid claim

      > Similarly, here in Philly we have a large
      > Russian Jewish immigrant population who are among the
      > poorest people in our city. My friend's daughter is Jewish
      > and is married to one. They just had a baby and are having
      > trouble just affording food and their $400 rent. Some
      > princess, huh? The point is that if the degrading thing
      > you say about someone puts down something they were
      > innocently born into,

      no o no

      I had no such intenton!

      a jewish princess is someone unreasonable
      spoiled

      must have her own way or the tantrums
      are flying

      spoiled by a very very rich daddy

      must have luxury

      demands attention and feels she is
      above and better than anyone

      impossible to please

      has very little or non to do with
      a hardworking Russian immigrant

      > it's wrong. So, it's wrong to point
      > to a steriotypical "triad of characteristics", in an effort
      > to hurt them. Just as we wouldn't put down all Islamic
      > people because of what the terrorists do. This really is
      > Spirituality 101. Do you know about the concept of Ahimsa?
      > Please prove it by your actions.

      yes yes I'll

      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      Karta

      ps: Bob thanks for exposing me to
      your ethics I love it
    • Era
      Message 105 of 105 , Oct 5, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > photographs with radiused corners, the blues and greens and sand
        > colors of photographs from that time, the reds always slightly
        > pungent, as if the pigment were wired and erratic, unsure of its
        > place in the film. There we are, squatting in the sand: my blond-
        > haired mother, sitting aside, arm around the barrel-chest of the
        > small grey dog; my father and a very small I sitting together,
        > scraping sand into forms. What the photograph barely hints at is the
        > joy of building that sandcastle, part enjoyment of the sand and
        > water, part thrill and satisfaction of building it with my father.
        > What the photograph doesn't contain is what came later. After
        > building it, I felt so much happiness and pride; we played in the
        > water, and I kept looking back to see that sandcastle sitting before
        > the waves. Then the two boys came, stepping into the sandcastle,
        > crushing it. I cried salt tears to the sea, inconsolable, and unable
        > to explain or even understand that the greatest loss was not the
        > sandcastle, but what the sandcastle represented.
        >
        > 2. We like to go early to the beach, before the beach patrol comes on
        > line, and let our dogs run off leash. One morning, on the way back,
        > we are walking close to the dunes, past a sandcastle left above the
        > tide line. One of the dogs stalks the sandcastle, circling it,
        > sniffing it carefully, as if the castle might move. She notes the
        > hollow center of the castle, and daintily scratches it with one paw,
        > once, twice. Moving within the hollow, she begins to dig, throwing
        > large arcs of sand beneath and behind her, very efficiently deepening
        > the hollow. Sufficiently inspired, she leaps from the castle, and
        > runs circles on the beach. She is amazing, lean muscle and arching
        > back, her earth-pounding feet carrying her so close to us on her
        > returns that her breath is heard and wake is felt.
        >
        > 3. After the walk, I remain on the beach after the others return
        > home. The sun is coming up, pink and orange, and the sky is humid and
        > a thick blue-grey. The moon is still out, and a few stars, but are
        > gradually fading in a sky that is approaching their brilliance. I
        > stand within the laps of the waves, and look out to the rocking
        > shrimp boats, and the long, thin horizon beyond. With each receding
        > wave, the water draws sand from beneath the edges of my feet.
        > Eventually, I am balancing on two pyramids beneath my arches. I find
        > that if I am not perfectly balanced through the soles of my feet as
        > these pyramids form, that eventually I must cling to the tops of the
        > pyramids with the muscles of my legs, lest my feet slide from the
        > pyramids. I stand for a long while like this, trying on new pyramids,
        > learning as a matter of course what it is to be perfectly balanced
        > within my soles, and how transparent and effortless that feels,
        > watching the night suns recede as I am warmed by the heat advancing
        > in the eastern sky. At some point, the shrimp boats disappear, and I

        Nina, you just made my day

        smiles