a dream for Karta, on resisting emotions?

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hello, Karta, I have read your posts, and other posts about emotion,
      I have talked to a friend about dreams of disaster (specifically, her
      own disasters as related to water), and have associated water with
      emotive and creative energy. So, rather than reply to your posts in
      the typical manner, instead I will share a portion of a dream I had
      last night. You might try imagining that it is "your" dream, as well,
      and what this dream might represent for you.

      We have gathered for a competition along the edges of a rocky basin.
      I am not a competitor, but have an organizing role in the event. My
      parents stand with many others on the far edge of the basin, watching
      and idly waiting for the competition to begin. I stand on a raw earth
      ramp into the basin with several of the barely-clad competitors. One
      of them, a man, pulls a small stone from the wall of the basin with
      his toes. The stone comes free with a cork-popping noise and a
      trickle of incredibly clear water. The water begins to flow from the
      cracks between adjacent stones, and the flow becomes a torrent. I am
      running down the ramp and across the broad basin, as it fills with
      water. Even though the water is pure and clear, I am filled with fear
      and the thought that I must get away. The water is rising as I
      scramble up the sheer face of the far wall of the basin, reaching up
      at the last minute for hands to pull me over the edge into the crowd.
      I explain to my parents that we must run to retrieve our things from
      our fourth floor room before the basin fills and the weight of the
      water cracks this floor, the sixth floor, sending it crashing down
      through the building. We run, trying to find out way, but we are
      lost... then I am lost with strangers... in a shopping mall, on a
      people-mover on the streets of an amalgam of Los Angeles and Las
      Vegas, then in a hotel district full of dark, cartoonish Venturi-
      Scott-Brown buildings, surrounded by a lagoon... I am still trying
      desperately to make my way back, willing the people-mover to take me
      faster... but now I am hopelessly lost in the city of gangs, I am
      latino, I am a man, and I am standing in the courtyard of a Mexican
      restaurant, and a man is proposing to me from the side of a fountain.
      The water is so clear and pure. I cannot accept his proposal, it
      sickens me; then we are both in the water, and as it conceals us from
      the ears of others, I yell through the water, which displays the
      force of my words by rippling and waving, "I am not that! I do not
      want that!" We are out of the water, he is telling me I cannot deny
      it, and points to a stack of plastic-bottles filled with very clear
      water wrapped in plastic. I look. The brand says: Emitalittle,
      Emotelite, Emetalyte, the letters bend.

      Nina
    • Era
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:
        > Hello, Karta, I have read your posts, and other posts about emotion,
        > I have talked to a friend about dreams of disaster (specifically, her
        > own disasters as related to water), and have associated water with
        > emotive and creative energy. So, rather than reply to your posts in
        > the typical manner, instead I will share a portion of a dream I had
        > last night. You might try imagining that it is "your" dream, as well,
        > and what this dream might represent for you.
        >
        > We have gathered for a competition along the edges of a rocky basin.
        > I am not a competitor, but have an organizing role in the event. My
        > parents stand with many others on the far edge of the basin, watching
        > and idly waiting for the competition to begin. I stand on a raw earth
        > ramp into the basin with several of the barely-clad competitors. One
        > of them, a man, pulls a small stone from the wall of the basin with
        > his toes. The stone comes free with a cork-popping noise and a
        > trickle of incredibly clear water. The water begins to flow from the
        > cracks between adjacent stones, and the flow becomes a torrent. I am
        > running down the ramp and across the broad basin, as it fills with
        > water. Even though the water is pure and clear, I am filled with fear
        > and the thought that I must get away. The water is rising as I
        > scramble up the sheer face of the far wall of the basin, reaching up
        > at the last minute for hands to pull me over the edge into the crowd.
        > I explain to my parents that we must run to retrieve our things from
        > our fourth floor room before the basin fills and the weight of the
        > water cracks this floor, the sixth floor, sending it crashing down
        > through the building. We run, trying to find out way, but we are
        > lost... then I am lost with strangers... in a shopping mall, on a
        > people-mover on the streets of an amalgam of Los Angeles and Las
        > Vegas, then in a hotel district full of dark, cartoonish Venturi-
        > Scott-Brown buildings, surrounded by a lagoon... I am still trying
        > desperately to make my way back, willing the people-mover to take me
        > faster... but now I am hopelessly lost in the city of gangs, I am
        > latino, I am a man, and I am standing in the courtyard of a Mexican
        > restaurant, and a man is proposing to me from the side of a fountain.
        > The water is so clear and pure. I cannot accept his proposal, it
        > sickens me; then we are both in the water, and as it conceals us from
        > the ears of others, I yell through the water, which displays the
        > force of my words by rippling and waving, "I am not that! I do not
        > want that!" We are out of the water, he is telling me I cannot deny
        > it, and points to a stack of plastic-bottles filled with very clear
        > water wrapped in plastic. I look. The brand says: Emitalittle,
        > Emotelite, Emetalyte, the letters bend.
        >
        > Nina

        oh thank you my angel

        Nina are you a fruterian?

        I think I saw this in one post..

        I've a girlfried who is and you remind
        me of her

        thanks again for your gentle and
        insightful company

        I love you, Karta
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era"
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > oh thank you my angel

          You're welcome.

          > Nina are you a fruterian?
          >
          > I think I saw this in one post..
          >
          > I've a girlfried who is and you remind
          > me of her

          Nope, I'm not a fruitarian.

          > thanks again for your gentle and
          > insightful company

          You're welcome.

          Nina
        • Era
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
            > > oh thank you my angel
            >
            > You're welcome.
            >
            > > Nina are you a fruterian?
            > >
            > > I think I saw this in one post..
            > >
            > > I've a girlfried who is and you remind
            > > me of her
            >
            > Nope, I'm not a fruitarian.
            >
            > > thanks again for your gentle and
            > > insightful company
            >
            > You're welcome.
            >
            > Nina

            oh Ninaah!

            her name is Gertrude she ate ONLY
            FRUITS her eys were clean like a child,
            she has a villa in Berlin and she is
            a real devoted disciple of Sant Thakar

            We were on a 6 month tour in India;
            moving from Dera Dunn from the North
            from the foot of the Himalayas down to
            mid India to the state of Maharashta Pimpernale, where my Master's mom is
            from. We stopped at all Kirpal Ashrams
            the previous master of Sant Mat and
            at big cities being hosted by the
            natives on roof tops out doors most of
            the time

            Ching Hai, the founder of the Quan Yin
            movement was one of the four so
            called 24/24 mediators which group
            included me and the the rep for the US
            Sangat and a girl from Oregon'

            We were always camped sitting up in
            folded chairs held up by sleeping bags
            as pillows during the night in front
            of Master's room meditating in bliss..
            and than there was Gertrude! the
            fruition: no chair no pillow, she just
            was curled up in front of Thakar's
            door in rain or in shine and waited and
            waited for him to come out and than
            she looked at him with the biggest
            smile and an undescribable, no bars
            held opened, over-flowing love and
            devotion..

            but

            we did not consider her "high" [oh]
            because she was so egoless and so
            simple, that we did not understand
            this at all..

            Later, when I was setting up an Ashram
            for Sant Mat; she came to Budapest to
            help and she handed out flyers for
            10 hours without a brake and she was
            in her seventies then

            I visited her in Berlin at her place
            a 2 story high villa; all empty of
            furniture only Master's photos all
            around and brought a newly initiated
            couple with me who did not stick to the
            vegan diet yet

            when we drove up to her house I walked
            ahead to ring the bell and tell her,
            that we have arrived, the car and my
            friends were parked about 30 feet away,

            Gertrud turned to me and said you are
            all welcome, but you can not bring in
            the salami in the house

            lol

            I didn't even know that it was among
            their luggage

            she has a huge apple tree in the back
            yard and lived on that

            thanks for the memories Nina

            all love and peace, Karta
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
              <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > oh Ninaah!
              >
              > her name is Gertrude she ate ONLY
              > FRUITS her eys were clean like a child,

              That is because she was about to pass out from
              that 'light' feeling that comes from eating
              nothing but fruit. :) No, just kidding. I bet
              Gertrude is a great woman. Thanks for the story.
              That was fun to read. Very epic. The salami
              was a nice touch, but it reminded me of an
              apocalyptic dream I had the other day, one, it
              is seeming, of a nightly string of them. Yes, salami
              can play a role in the apocalypse, particularly
              when it is infested with tiny white mites. Anyway,
              I liked Gertrude's story - it had a nice flavor,
              not so spicy as salami, but wholesome and sweet,
              perhaps a bit savory. Yum.

              Nina