Meditation Tip #32

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
      It is said that to have compassion for others,
      we must first have compassion for ourself.
      But that has nothing to do with having an
      "I'm a victim, poor me" attitude. The symptoms
      of this dis-ease are thinking that others words,
      the way they look at you, the way they treat you,
      and so on, justify feeling angry, offended, sad,
      or any other similar adjectives. It's just one
      of the mind's major ways to keep you its slave
      and keep you too busy to realize that you need
      not carry any of those negative feelings around.

      Kir Li Molari