Re: [Meditation Society of America] My Journey into Meditation

  • manjusrilotus
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2003
      BANDSTAND54@A... wrote:
      > Hi rcarter:
      > When I first attained this sensation I tried to get information.I
      read books
      > on chakras and opening of the third eye.Not everyone agreed
      on what was taking
      > place.So,that did not help me much.Somebody who claimed to
      be gifted saw a
      > snake coming out of my forehead which was supposed to
      represent vision beyond
      > the five senses.I am not clairvoyant or possess any so called
      psychic abilities
      > I am aware of.
      > Sometimes when I was in meditation and the pulsation began
      it would spread
      > like a pressure band around my head; then once in a while I
      got the feeling the
      > top of my head opened up.I believe this was the crown
      chakra.Now that is a
      > cool thing to experience.
      > But here I am many years later a student trying to pay attention
      in class.
      > Regards
      > R.

      Hint : Rather than focusing on the by-products which are the
      bodily sensations ------ let that drop away and simply relax into
      the State of Consciousness which is coming to the forefront......

      in focusing on the by-product one simply slows down the
      process and sustains a divisionary experience ......

      let go of the barriers and simply Allow Awareness to be, rather
      than an "I" that is mentally holding onto an experience .........