RE: [Meditation Society of America] My Journey into Meditation

  • Carter, Richard
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2003
      Hi Ralph, I just had to reply because of what you said about the brow chakra.  I too think that I am aware of this (whatever it is).  I don't think my attainments or experiences are as advanced as yours, but I often feel an intense pressure between my eyes while meditating.  However, it doesn't exactly pulsate as yours does.  It's more of a constant sensation.  It does however seem to ebb and flow at a very slow rate, every five minutes or so, so I guess you could say it does pulsate.  I wonder if I really am effecting something here or if it is just a product of wishful thinking and an intense imagination.  But I always try to get the pressure because it has a relaxing and absorbing quality.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2003
        Hi rcarter:

        When I first attained this sensation I tried to get information.I read books on chakras and opening of the third eye.Not everyone agreed on what was taking place.So,that did not help me much.Somebody who claimed to be gifted saw a snake coming out of my forehead which was supposed to represent vision beyond the five senses.I am not clairvoyant or possess any so called psychic abilities I am aware of.

        Sometimes when I was in meditation and the pulsation began it would spread like a pressure band around my head; then once in a while I got the feeling the top of my head opened up.I believe this was the crown chakra.Now that is a cool thing to experience.

        But here I am many years later a student trying to pay attention in class.

        Regards

        R.
      • manjusrilotus
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2003
          BANDSTAND54@A... wrote:
          > Hi rcarter:
          >
          > When I first attained this sensation I tried to get information.I
          read books
          > on chakras and opening of the third eye.Not everyone agreed
          on what was taking
          > place.So,that did not help me much.Somebody who claimed to
          be gifted saw a
          > snake coming out of my forehead which was supposed to
          represent vision beyond
          > the five senses.I am not clairvoyant or possess any so called
          psychic abilities
          > I am aware of.
          >
          > Sometimes when I was in meditation and the pulsation began
          it would spread
          > like a pressure band around my head; then once in a while I
          got the feeling the
          > top of my head opened up.I believe this was the crown
          chakra.Now that is a
          > cool thing to experience.
          >
          > But here I am many years later a student trying to pay attention
          in class.

          > Regards
          >
          > R.

          Hint : Rather than focusing on the by-products which are the
          bodily sensations ------ let that drop away and simply relax into
          the State of Consciousness which is coming to the forefront......

          in focusing on the by-product one simply slows down the
          process and sustains a divisionary experience ......

          let go of the barriers and simply Allow Awareness to be, rather
          than an "I" that is mentally holding onto an experience .........