Peace -Black Elk, Lakota

  • angelicspirit2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2003
      Good Morning!

      I wish to share this story and thought. It gives me
      comfort when I am on a bumpy path. I hae to recall
      the peace from within. I have many readings I try to
      find strength in by Black Elk, Lakota Mediine Man.

      Lovingly in Spirit,
      TW

      There once was a King who offered a prize to the
      artist
      who would paint the best picture of peace. Many
      artists tried. The King looked at all the
      pictures, but there were only two he really
      liked and he had to choose between them.

      One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect
      mirror, for peaceful towering mountains were all
      around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy
      white clouds. All who saw this picture thought
      it was a perfect picture of peace.

      The other picture had mountains, too. But these were
      rugged and bare. Above was an angry sky from
      which rain fell, and in which lightening played.
      Down the side of the mountain tumbled a
      foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful
      at all. But when the King looked, he saw
      behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a
      crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had
      built her nest. There, in the midst of the rush of
      angry
      water, sat the mother bird on her nest.

      The King chose the second picture as the
      winner. ''Because,'' explained the King,
      ''peace does not mean to be in a place where
      there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace
      means to be in the midst of all those things and still
      be
      calm in your heart.''
      ''That is the real meaning of peace.''

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      "Peace comes within the souls of men,
      when they realize their oneness with the Universe,
      when they realize it is really everywhere...
      it is within each one of us."
      Black Elk, Lakota Medicine Man

      =====
      "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

      http://shopping.yahoo.com