Journal Entry - September 18 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Sep 18, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: September 18
      Time: 08:05 a.m.
      Duration: 41 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb.
      Condition: Darkened room. Two candles. Incense. Essential Oil - (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Pre-session: Sip of water, full body stretch (3 times).
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: None.
      Experience: Fair session. Fell into the expectations trap.

      Result: A little too much enthusiasm for experiencing the watcher. I became
      a member of an audience in a stand-up comedy routine where my ego was the
      comic. It had a field day with a series of humiliating jokes directed at me
      (the watcher) in the audience. Something like "So you want to be the
      watcher? well watch this..!" - rude gesture, peels of laughter from the
      audience. "...Watch this...!" - another rude gesture, more laughter. A very
      good show of how dominate and controlling the ego can be. Decided to bide my
      time and wait for deeper levels of relaxation where it would be easier to
      take control.

      Eventually took control. Explored empathy for all things including myself.
      While this appeared a very interesting approach, I decided it was simply the
      ego taking a more sophisticated route. One way I can tell when this is the
      case is my physical response. Truer insights have a corresponding flow of
      inner sounds - almost like all sounds going down an octave.

      Decided to simply, silently listen to the ebb and flow of inner sounds and
      enjoy the relaxation.

      The sounds of a rain storm brought me out of my meditation early when I
      could not transmute some loud sounds that came with the storm.

      Ended the session slightly disappointed I fell into the expectations trap,
      however the comic was fun and I learned a few things.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....