Meditation and irregular heartbeats - Jose

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Sep 17, 2002
      Hello Jose,

      It was a joy to read your post. I then tried to find my journal entries that
      related to my irregular heart beat but unfortunately I could not find them.

      Although this happened about 2 years ago, I recall the irregular heart beat
      having something to do with my general level of tension. Meditation helped
      me reduce my day to day level of tension which I believe helped reduce the
      irregularity of my heart beat. I also believe that regular, light exercise
      helped.

      My sense is that our bodies are continually sending us signals to guide us
      on what we need to do. Something like an irregular heartbeat to me is like a
      signal saying listen more to your body. If we give part of our attention to
      our physical body we should get a better feel for what we need to do at any
      time. My sense is that at all times our bodies are telling us what we should
      do but we let our minds take full control and end up doing things that harm
      us in different ways.

      Thanks again for your post, as you practice your meditation I hope you will
      bring the witnessing into your day to day life.

      ...Tony
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....