Meditation Tip #32

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 1945
      "Do not cause pain or suffering to any living being, whether through
      greed, selfishness, irritability or annoyance. Give up anger and ill-
      will. Give up the spirit of fighting and heated debates. Do not
      argue. If you quarrel with somebody you cannot meditate for three or
      four days, because your balance of mind is upset. Thus much energy is
      wasted in useless channels. Also the blood becomes hot; the nerves
      are shattered. Keep a serene mind always. Meditation proceeds from a
      serene mind."

      Sri Swami Sivananda
    • devianandi
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 1945
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > "Do not cause pain or suffering to any living being, whether
        through
        > greed, selfishness, irritability or annoyance. Give up anger and
        ill-
        > will. Give up the spirit of fighting and heated debates. Do not
        > argue. If you quarrel with somebody you cannot meditate for three
        or
        > four days, because your balance of mind is upset. Thus much energy
        is
        > wasted in useless channels. Also the blood becomes hot; the nerves
        > are shattered. Keep a serene mind always. Meditation proceeds from
        > serene mind."
        >
        > Sri Swami Sivananda

        devi: this is so true, after i read kartas or anyones derogatory
        remarks about me sometimes it takes hours for me to rid myself of
        them. it's like helping them to work out some of their subtle karmas.
        it's not fun, especially when i go to play my harmonioum, i can't
        concentrate of the words....ram ram ram...if the whole of humanity
        would just follow the rules of the yamas and the niyams it would be
        such a better place....but, this IS the kali yuga. (wondering why i
        came here during this awful period?)( not really, i know)
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 1945
          It is said that to have compassion for others,
          we must first have compassion for ourself.
          But that has nothing to do with having an
          "I'm a victim, poor me" attitude. The symptoms
          of this dis-ease are thinking that others words,
          the way they look at you, the way they treat you,
          and so on, justify feeling angry, offended, sad,
          or any other similar adjectives. It's just one
          of the mind's major ways to keep you its slave
          and keep you too busy to realize that you need
          not carry any of those negative feelings around.

          Kir Li Molari