Images in my mind

  • djazzmo
    Message 1 of 197 , Jan 9, 2002
      I have just started meditating again after a long
      period of time. I find that when I meditate, especialy
      when using techniques like counting the breath, and
      mind clearing, that images from my past pop up in my
      minds eye. I don't really think about these images,
      they are more like scenes with no thought or emotion
      tied to them. I don't lose count of my breath or get
      distracted but I wonder how much effort should I give to
      trying to erase them and does this mean that I am not
      truly in the present moment. Should I stop my counting
      and start over? Am I doing something wrong? I don't
      feel like I can stop these scenes from coming up.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for