Re: [Meditation Society of America] Digest Number 171

  • Ramon Sender
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2002
      medit8ionsociety wrote:
      >Dear Jose,
      >Of course you are referring to a conventional war, but in a real way,
      >meditation is all about a religious war. The "enemy" is the mind, and
      >the "Real Self" is in a war for control of your consciousness.

      The 'battle with the mind' is not a useful metaphor, to my way of thinking.
      The mind just LOVES battles -- just loves wrestling matches -- and it's quite
      good at both. I would suggest meeting the mind with laughing maidens and
      charming delights, and placing flowery wreaths in its hair, and tickling its
      hairy behind - tee-hee, until it slips off its armor and drops its sword, relaxes in
      its favorite resting place and....

      I just this morning wrote to another list:

      ...Personally, I don't want to kill my mind. I just want to realize the Self as my true resting place in
      the heart, and then take the mind out for a walk whenever I need it. Nor do I want to kill my ego. I
      need my ego for specific purposes,but again it should be at the beck and call of the Self. I understand
      the ego as a closet full of costumes, There's the Lama Snortsnort Zagzig maroon toga attire, the Zero the
      Wunderweight multi-striped outfit with pom-poms and fright wig, there Swami Nowherethisananda
      and his twin Swami Itsallbiltinananda. And there's Good Old Ray Sender who wants to run for public
      orifice, and Mitra the Lightcarrier who's a member of the Solar Legation on planet earth, and Ramon
      Sender Barayon who occasionally writes books, and Ramon Sender Morningstar who archives hippie
      commune history and stuff, and somewhere in there is an avant gardecomposer named Ramon Sender.
      Mm... who else? Well, I occasionally like to cross-dress, and I acknowledge the fact that just before
      dissolving into the Ocean of Bliss the final Being on the tip of the pyramind is SHE who manifests
      as All and Everything Everywhere, Aditi, the Mother in all HER guises (shall I name them?) AND
      there's my darling wife Judy's ADORING husband, and there's DAD with wonderful three sons and
      GRANDPA with AMAZING grandchildren. I bet there are a few more in the back of the closet I haven't
      found yet. The more the merrier! Just don't get stuck in one of them to the exclusion of Abiding in the Self!

      Once permanently Aware of the Self, all the lower parts of the entity must achieve a resting place, each
      in their proper manner.

      "Don't kill the mind!! It wants to be your pet! Merely teach it to "SIT"and "LIE DOWN, and "THINK"
      when you tell it to, and "SHUT UP" when you want it to..."

      P.S. The easiest way to train it is to give it its favorite snack -- BLISS is to the mental being what freeze-
      dried liver is for my dog Riqui. Coax the mind to its resting place (the plushy cushion of
      the heart), infuse it with warm, bubbly, frothy bliss, and it will lie down and purr... (mixed petaphor?)
      If you don't know how to do that, check where you go in deep sleep and find a way to access it while
      awake.

      P.P.S. I answer private e-mails regarding the O-BE-ATAN process.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2002
        Hey Ramon - Make up your mind! LOL :-

        Ramon Sender wrote:
        (Snip)...
[...]