Re: [Meditation Society of America] Digest Number 170

  • Ramon Sender
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2002
      > ____________________
      >
      > Message: 2
      > Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:40:32 -0600
      > From: "Judi Rhodes" <judirhodes@...>
      > Subject: The Whole Artile
      >

      > Where Are We Going?
      >
      > The Fate and Failings of Contemporary Spirituality
      >
      > Mariana Caplan
      >
      > ReVision Magazine Spring, 2001
      >
      > Regardless of where each of us dwells on this spectrum of spiritual pomp and possibility, it is true both that we are doing the best we can and that we have a long way to go. It is a truly endless highway* particularly if we consider that spiritual culture in the West is still at its beginnings. So while the New Age mountain bikers careen their way through the glitz and glamour of hip spiritual trends, many of us lag behind in the dust of their wake wondering where, if anywhere, this all leads.

      Blah blah blah blah blah blah

      It always comes down to the same thing:

      Our true Self is the Self that still exists in deep sleep.
      That Self is the Ocean of Bliss. If it can be described, it is the Divine Mother.
      To achieve awareness of that Self n All States of consciousness is the goal.
      To remain EFFORTLESSLY within that Self in All States is the higher goal,
      once the previous goal has been achieved.
      To do so requires: grace, devotion, determination, luck, surrender, absolute determination.
      Intelligence doesn't slow you down, if it includes a knack for intuitive insight that leads to wisdom.
      A sense of humor helps. A highly developed 360-degree shit detector ditto (also pointed at yourself).
      To find someone who is further along the path than oneself and still in the body is the
      greatest blessing one can be given.

      Anyone want to add anything else?