Journal Entry-Eve September 13

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2002
      Date: September 13, 2002
      Time: 8:05am
      Duration: 30 minutes
      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes open, hands resting on lap
      Technique: Body and breath awareness
      Variation: Chanted OM silently

      I decided to meditate with my eyes open again today. I feel this
      helps keep me from concentrating too hard. It must work because I
      would say my concentration was about medium today. I had lots of mind
      chatter and drifted off in thought a few times, but basically kept my
      awareness on my breath. Noted "thinking" when I hand wandered off.
      When I began, I wasn't chanting OM but after 5 minutes or so decided
      to chant it silently on the out breath. This does seem to keep me
      focused. At least today it did. Either I was very relaxed or still
      sleepy because toward the end of my session my eyelids were getting
      very heavy. Instead of continuing with eyes closed, I ended my
      session.