Re: Do You Wanna Play Some Football?

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
      Hey, Bob. How is football like meditation.

      1. You get better if you don't miss practice.
      2. You have to give it all you got, and you still get creamed.
      3. Your butt is on the line and it's first and ten, again.

      well, that's all that i can conjure up at the moment. i don't follow
      sports too often. the 89 superbowl (i forget who played) was such a
      one sided massacre that i vowed to wait ten years between games
      before i'll see another. really.

      ciao,

      michael
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
        <maread@t...> wrote:
        > Hey, Bob. How is football like meditation.
        >
        > 1. You get better if you don't miss practice.
        > 2. You have to give it all you got, and you still get creamed.
        > 3. Your butt is on the line and it's first and ten, again.

        And Enlightenment is a Touchdown :-)

        > well, that's all that i can conjure up at the moment. i don't follow
        > sports too often. the 89 superbowl (i forget who played) was such a
        > one sided massacre that i vowed to wait ten years between games
        > before i'll see another. really.
        >
        > ciao,
        >
        > michael

        Hi Michaelji,

        The 2004 Super Bowl will be in Houston, and since the Eagles will be
        in it, I'll be there. Maybe I'll stop over in Taos on the way, and try
        to get you back into the religious denomination that seems to be the
        most popular in America, Footballism. This type of being saved may not
        bring about eternal salvation, but it sure can be fun. I'm practicing
        my "Beat the Bucs" and "Go Eagles" mantras now, and will join
        thousands of other Eagleism followers as we celebrate a high holy
        Monday night service at Philly's 1/2 Billion $ (no kidding!) Temple.
        And when Philly fans get together, you can really experience being a
        part of a higher power. Chanting OM ain't got nothing on 60,000 fans
        Booing at the other team as one. Talk about Rapture!

        May you have many spiritual first downs, field goals, and touchdowns!