Journal Entry-Eve September 11

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2002
      Date: September 11, 2002
      Time: 8:40am
      Duration: 25 minutes
      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes open, hands interlaced and resting
      on lap
      Technique: none, although used body awareness as an anchor

      Today I decided to sit with no intention or plan. Well, I guess
      that's not entirely true. I suppose my intention was to just watch my
      thoughts (including emotions, and body sensations. My jaw started to
      ache.) My concentration was fairly good. Usually having my eyes open
      is distracting, but not today. I've been feeling the need to meditate
      with open eyes because when my eyes are closed I feel I am too shut
      out from everything else. When I meditate with eyes closed, I lose
      the meditative feeling as soon as I open my eyes. Today the awareness
      stayed with me a little longer after my session. I didn't chant OM
      today either. I was concerned that in building my concentration, I
      was actually becoming unaware of everything else. My focus to
      intense. I was still able to witness my thoughts, and notice when I
      had stopped paying attention, and also keep aware of where I was;
      sitting in a room, looking out a window at a tree, thinking.