Blind faith

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
      Faith is the substance
      of things hoped for...
      but blind faith in a
      flawed strategy is folly.

      Tampa, Tampa. Two times.

      Tuesday news will tell
      who has the crystal ball.

      Love, Jeff
    • Michael Read
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
        Hey, Bob. How is football like meditation.

        1. You get better if you don't miss practice.
        2. You have to give it all you got, and you still get creamed.
        3. Your butt is on the line and it's first and ten, again.

        well, that's all that i can conjure up at the moment. i don't follow
        sports too often. the 89 superbowl (i forget who played) was such a
        one sided massacre that i vowed to wait ten years between games
        before i'll see another. really.

        ciao,

        michael
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
          <maread@t...> wrote:
          > Hey, Bob. How is football like meditation.
          >
          > 1. You get better if you don't miss practice.
          > 2. You have to give it all you got, and you still get creamed.
          > 3. Your butt is on the line and it's first and ten, again.

          And Enlightenment is a Touchdown :-)

          > well, that's all that i can conjure up at the moment. i don't follow
          > sports too often. the 89 superbowl (i forget who played) was such a
          > one sided massacre that i vowed to wait ten years between games
          > before i'll see another. really.
          >
          > ciao,
          >
          > michael

          Hi Michaelji,

          The 2004 Super Bowl will be in Houston, and since the Eagles will be
          in it, I'll be there. Maybe I'll stop over in Taos on the way, and try
          to get you back into the religious denomination that seems to be the
          most popular in America, Footballism. This type of being saved may not
          bring about eternal salvation, but it sure can be fun. I'm practicing
          my "Beat the Bucs" and "Go Eagles" mantras now, and will join
          thousands of other Eagleism followers as we celebrate a high holy
          Monday night service at Philly's 1/2 Billion $ (no kidding!) Temple.
          And when Philly fans get together, you can really experience being a
          part of a higher power. Chanting OM ain't got nothing on 60,000 fans
          Booing at the other team as one. Talk about Rapture!

          May you have many spiritual first downs, field goals, and touchdowns!