Do You Wanna Play Some Football?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2003
      OK Here's what the crystal ball shows - The Bucs and the Giants are
      OK, But Coach Reid has had all spring and summer to figure out how to
      beat Chucky and the Bucs, and it won't even be close. Quarles is out
      with an injury, Michael Pittman might end up in jail before he sees
      the end zone, and we have back a healthy St. Donovan (Whose statue I
      have right next to Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, Ganesh, and Siva's). You
      can't expect a 71 yd catch by Jurevicius or a 92 yd Ronde
      interception every game. The Bucs were about the 3rd or 4th best team
      last year and I doubt they will come close this time around. The
      Giants will be in Shock due to his broken rib, and Dawkins owes him a
      hard hit. The 2 tight end situation, which the Bucs also used
      effectively will be countered perfectly with the double quick defense
      the Eagles will feature this season. And how can you count on the
      Giants weak offensive line to keep Collins in one piece/peace? BTW,
      Denver lost James Stewart and I don't mean the actor, so where's
      their running game gonna be? The Pack will rule that division anyway.
      It could be a sweet sweep to the Bowl for the birds. Maybe 14-2 at
      worst. To make sure, I'll be wearing my Eagles shirt, coat, hat,
      sweatpants, etc. for all the games. I'm taking off Mon. night just to
      enjoy this holy occasion, and I hope everybody will not be too upset
      as the birds demonstrate why the Eagle is the symbol of America's
      power and glory. GO EAGLES!!!
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
        Faith is the substance
        of things hoped for...
        but blind faith in a
        flawed strategy is folly.

        Tampa, Tampa. Two times.

        Tuesday news will tell
        who has the crystal ball.

        Love, Jeff
      • Michael Read
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
          Hey, Bob. How is football like meditation.

          1. You get better if you don't miss practice.
          2. You have to give it all you got, and you still get creamed.
          3. Your butt is on the line and it's first and ten, again.

          well, that's all that i can conjure up at the moment. i don't follow
          sports too often. the 89 superbowl (i forget who played) was such a
          one sided massacre that i vowed to wait ten years between games
          before i'll see another. really.

          ciao,

          michael
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
            <maread@t...> wrote:
            > Hey, Bob. How is football like meditation.
            >
            > 1. You get better if you don't miss practice.
            > 2. You have to give it all you got, and you still get creamed.
            > 3. Your butt is on the line and it's first and ten, again.

            And Enlightenment is a Touchdown :-)

            > well, that's all that i can conjure up at the moment. i don't follow
            > sports too often. the 89 superbowl (i forget who played) was such a
            > one sided massacre that i vowed to wait ten years between games
            > before i'll see another. really.
            >
            > ciao,
            >
            > michael

            Hi Michaelji,

            The 2004 Super Bowl will be in Houston, and since the Eagles will be
            in it, I'll be there. Maybe I'll stop over in Taos on the way, and try
            to get you back into the religious denomination that seems to be the
            most popular in America, Footballism. This type of being saved may not
            bring about eternal salvation, but it sure can be fun. I'm practicing
            my "Beat the Bucs" and "Go Eagles" mantras now, and will join
            thousands of other Eagleism followers as we celebrate a high holy
            Monday night service at Philly's 1/2 Billion $ (no kidding!) Temple.
            And when Philly fans get together, you can really experience being a
            part of a higher power. Chanting OM ain't got nothing on 60,000 fans
            Booing at the other team as one. Talk about Rapture!

            May you have many spiritual first downs, field goals, and touchdowns!