Meditation Tip #26

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
      Both analytical and stabilizing meditation are of two types. In the
      first type of analytic meditation, you are meditating on an object, as
      is the case when meditating on impermanence; in the second, you are
      causing your own consciousness to be generated into a state of mind,
      such as when meditatively cultivating love. When you meditate on
      impermanence or emptyness, you are taking these as the object of your
      mind, but when you "meditate" faith or "meditate" compassion, you are
      not meditating on faith or compassion through reflecting on their
      qualities; rather, you are generating your own consciousness into a
      faithful or compassionate consciousness.
      HH Dalai Lama
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Both analytical and stabilizing meditation are of two types. In the
        > first type of analytic meditation, you are meditating on an object, as
        > is the case when meditating on impermanence; in the second, you are
        > causing your own consciousness to be generated into a state of mind,
        > such as when meditatively cultivating love. When you meditate on
        > impermanence or emptyness, you are taking these as the object of your
        > mind, but when you "meditate" faith or "meditate" compassion, you are
        > not meditating on faith or compassion through reflecting on their
        > qualities; rather, you are generating your own consciousness into a
        > faithful or compassionate consciousness.
        > HH Dalai Lama

        oh! thank you Bob!

        this brings to the front of the screen
        of my mind the witty questioning