Re: [Meditation Society of America] THE GURU

  • Sarojini
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      Welcome SK!
                  I really enjoyed your guru story.  There was something posted on this Site the other day which said something like:

                  "If you really want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans!"

              If we could always just see the bigger picture in life.  But we get so "caught up" in life that we loose sight of that "bigger picture", don't we?  Our ego (ahamkara) wants to definitely feel that it is always in charge.  We have to learn to just "sweetly surrender' and flow gently along with what will be.

          But I was glad to hear that you did get into school to do what you wanted.  Your guru was definitely right, wasn't he?  You were going to find something better!

          Thanks for sharing your story.

                                                  Peace and Love Always,
                                                      Sarojini
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
        Thanks SK and Sarojini -

        Wouldn't it wonderful to
        be in a place when faced
        with potential disappointment,
        that our immediate follow-up
        reaction would be, "Ah, God
        has something even better for me."

        Love, Jeff

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sarojini" <
        Yoga@w...> wrote:
        > Welcome SK!
        > I really enjoyed your guru story. There was something posted on this Site the other day which said something like:
        >
        > "If you really want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans!"
        >
        > If we could always just see the bigger picture in life. But we get so "caught up" in life that we loose sight of that "bigger picture", don't we? Our ego (ahamkara) wants to definitely feel that it is always in charge. We have to learn to just "sweetly surrender' and flow gently along with what will be.
        >
        > But I was glad to hear that you did get into school to do what you wanted. Your guru was definitely right, wasn't he? You were going to find something better!
        >
        > Thanks for sharing your story.
        >
        > Peace and Love Always,
        > Sarojini

        Service.
      • angelicspirit2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
          Thank you for sharing. When we open ourselves up to
          the total love that is ours because of acceptance the
          answers do come without being sought!

          May you all have an open day filled with love, hope
          and peace!
          TW

          =====
          "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com