Re: Gurus

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, kathy rabold <karatagi34677@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Karta,
      >

      > I have the best Guru, for me, in Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
      >
      > I have indeed been blessed to have him as a Guru.
      >

      > Satchitananda
      >
      > Kathy
      >
      > (Actually, I have been thinking of how unlucky those are without a Guru, and about
      > karma.)

      Kathy, please post a photo of him

      love, Karta
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, kathy rabold <karatagi34677@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Karta,
        >

        > I have the best Guru, for me, in Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
        >
        > I have indeed been blessed to have him as a Guru.
        >

        > Satchitananda
        >
        > Kathy
        >
        > (Actually, I have been thinking of how unlucky those are without a Guru, and about
        > karma.)

        I found a page, He reminds me of the Krishanmurties

        you are lucky in deed ..

        <http://www.geocities.com/swamiramabio/>

        I feel saved too <grin>
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2005
          Gurus just what to have fun.
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 8 , May 13, 2005
            <jeff@m...> wrote:
            > Gurus just what to have fun.

            You betcha!

            Check out this guy:

            http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
            Message 5 of 8 , May 13, 2005
              <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
              > <jeff@m...> wrote:
              > > Gurus just what to have fun.
              >
              > You betcha!
              >
              > Check out this guy:
              >
              > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html

              Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
              I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
              just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
              have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!

              Subject: Vispassana meditation

              It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
              'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
              more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
              US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.

              --
              MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 8 , May 13, 2005
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
                > > <jeff@m...> wrote:
                > > > Gurus just what to have fun.
                > >
                > > You betcha!
                > >
                > > Check out this guy:
                > >
                > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
                >
                > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
                > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
                > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
                > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!

                Hey Bob.

                Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
                a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
                and they all swear by them.

                I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
                those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
                over.

                And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
                them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
                of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
                running by the time it's over.

                --jody.

                Message 7 of 8 , May 13, 2005
                  <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                  > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
                  > > >
                  > > > You betcha!
                  > > >
                  > > > Check out this guy:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
                  > >
                  > > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
                  > > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
                  > > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
                  > > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!
                  >
                  > Hey Bob.
                  >
                  > Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
                  > a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
                  > and they all swear by them.
                  >
                  > I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
                  > those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
                  > over.
                  >
                  > And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
                  > them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
                  > of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
                  > running by the time it's over.
                  >
                  > --jody.
                  >

                  > > Subject: Vispassana meditation
                  > >
                  > > It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
                  > > 'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
                  > > more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
                  > > US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.

                  Yo Jodiji,
                  If they're OK with you, they're OK! BUT I am still impressed with the
                  quantity of "have to do's" just to be allowed to apply for their 10
                  day course. And I'd say that makes this the least "free" Vispassana
                  meditation instruction happening.
                  And besides, here's another one that came today via email that makes
                  all other offerings needless. It's our chance to get next to the
                  Avatar of the age. Krishna, Jesus, and Buddha all rolled into one Lord
                  of all.

                  Subject: Universal Religion
                  Dear Sir/Madam

                  We are happy to note that you are a spiritual aspirant and in search
                  of knowledge.

                  Our Sadguru H.H. Sri Datta Swami is preaching Jnana (Knowledge) as per
                  the Vedas and Gita. His goal and endeavour is to unite all the
                  religions of the world into one, as all of them contain and spread the
                  same message in different forms.

                  We are forwarding few questions asked by devotees and the answers
                  provided
                  by Sri Datta Swami.

                  You may also please send your questions/enquiries to the following
                  email id's

                  sridatta1@...
                  dattaswami2000@...

                  Please visit our website www.universal-spirituality.org

                  Thanking you,

                  Yours faithfully,

                  I remain in the service of Datta

                  For Datta Jnana Prachara Parishat

                  G.Lakshman
                  Devotee

                  UNIVERSAL RELIGION – PART I

                  By Swami.

                  If you say that your religion is the only path to God and that
                  other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question to you. The
                  question is for every religion without any trace of partiality. The
                  simple question is : Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow
                  that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own
                  fault. This is very much reasonable. But before your ancestors
                  discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your
                  religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for
                  no fault of him. But your ancestor reached God through your religion
                  at that time. Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now
                  and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled
                  out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul. Thus my
                  ancestor sufferred forever for no fault of him and the responsibility
                  for this falls on the partiality of God. Had the God been impartial,
                  He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time.
                  Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your
                  ancestor. Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.

                  The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that
                  you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time
                  in various forms and preached your path in various languages. The
                  same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not
                  exist everywhere. The syllabus and explanation are one and the same,
                  though the media and teachers are different. Can you give any
                  alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this?
                  Certainly not! Any person of any religion to any other religion can
                  pose this question.

                  Moreover every religion states that their God only created this
                  world. Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot
                  create the same world. There are no many worlds to justify that each
                  God created His own world. Therefore any human being with an iota of
                  commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who
                  created this one world and He came in different forms to different
                  countries and preached the same path in all the languages
                  simultaneously at one time.

                  Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid
                  conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the
                  Universal Peace. I need not beg all these religious followers to be
                  united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace. Such
                  begging appeals are made enough in the past. The religious fans feel
                  that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be
                  united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals. Thus a
                  temporary change was only brought. At the maximum one generation of
                  the followers got united. The next generation fights with each other
                  because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of
                  the real unity in their religious scriptures. A permanent solution
                  for this does not lie in the begging appleas, which may or may not
                  unite the followers. Even if the appeals unite such unity is not
                  permanent. If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is
                  exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be
                  united for generations together. Therefore, My attack is not on the
                  hearts of the followers through love and kindness. My attack is on
                  all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of
                  divine knowledge. The unity of hearts through love can be only
                  temporary. The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine
                  knowledge will be permanent. Hearts agree but brains realize.
                  Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent. Thus this is My
                  first blow of My divine caunch shell for the permanent unity of all
                  the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.