Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Gurus

Expand Messages
  • kathy rabold
    Dear Karta, I have the best Guru, for me, in Swami Rama of the Himalayas. I have indeed been blessed to have him as a Guru. Satchitananda Kathy (Actually, I
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      Dear Karta,
       
       
      I have the best Guru, for me, in Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
       
      I have indeed been blessed to have him as a Guru.
       
       
      Satchitananda
       
      Kathy
       
      (Actually, I have been thinking of how unlucky those are without a Guru, and about
       karma.)


      Do you Yahoo!?
      Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
    • satkartar7
      ... Kathy, please post a photo of him love, Karta
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, kathy rabold <karatagi34677@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Karta,
        >
        >
        > I have the best Guru, for me, in Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
        >
        > I have indeed been blessed to have him as a Guru.
        >
        >
        > Satchitananda
        >
        > Kathy
        >
        > (Actually, I have been thinking of how unlucky those are without a Guru, and about
        > karma.)
        >
        >


        Kathy, please post a photo of him

        love, Karta
      • satkartar7
        ... I found a page, He reminds me of the Krishanmurties you are lucky in deed .. I feel saved too
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, kathy rabold <karatagi34677@y...> wrote:
          > Dear Karta,
          >
          >
          > I have the best Guru, for me, in Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
          >
          > I have indeed been blessed to have him as a Guru.
          >
          >
          > Satchitananda
          >
          > Kathy
          >
          > (Actually, I have been thinking of how unlucky those are without a Guru, and about
          > karma.)
          >
          >

          I found a page, He reminds me of the Krishanmurties

          you are lucky in deed ..

          <http://www.geocities.com/swamiramabio/>

          I feel saved too <grin>
        • Jeff Belyea
          Gurus just what to have fun.
          Message 4 of 8 , May 13, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            Gurus just what to have fun.
          • jodyrrr
            ... You betcha! Check out this guy: http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
            Message 5 of 8 , May 13, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
              <jeff@m...> wrote:
              > Gurus just what to have fun.

              You betcha!

              Check out this guy:

              http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
            • medit8ionsociety
              ... Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji, I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I just got this email about a guru who doesn t seem to want
              Message 6 of 8 , May 13, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
                > <jeff@m...> wrote:
                > > Gurus just what to have fun.
                >
                > You betcha!
                >
                > Check out this guy:
                >
                > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html

                Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
                I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
                just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
                have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!

                Subject: Vispassana meditation

                It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
                'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
                more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
                US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.

                --
                MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.
              • jodyrrr
                ... Hey Bob. Personally, I m ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers, and they all swear
                Message 7 of 8 , May 13, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                  > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
                  > > <jeff@m...> wrote:
                  > > > Gurus just what to have fun.
                  > >
                  > > You betcha!
                  > >
                  > > Check out this guy:
                  > >
                  > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
                  >
                  > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
                  > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
                  > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
                  > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!

                  Hey Bob.

                  Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
                  a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
                  and they all swear by them.

                  I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
                  those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
                  over.

                  And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
                  them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
                  of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
                  running by the time it's over.

                  --jody.


                  >
                  > Subject: Vispassana meditation
                  >
                  > It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
                  > 'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
                  > more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
                  > US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.
                  >
                  > --
                  > MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.
                • medit8ionsociety
                  ... Yo Jodiji, If they re OK with you, they re OK! BUT I am still impressed with the quantity of have to do s just to be allowed to apply for their 10 day
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 13, 2005
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                    <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
                    > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                    > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
                    > > > <jeff@m...> wrote:
                    > > > > Gurus just what to have fun.
                    > > >
                    > > > You betcha!
                    > > >
                    > > > Check out this guy:
                    > > >
                    > > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
                    > >
                    > > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
                    > > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
                    > > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
                    > > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!
                    >
                    > Hey Bob.
                    >
                    > Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
                    > a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
                    > and they all swear by them.
                    >
                    > I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
                    > those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
                    > over.
                    >
                    > And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
                    > them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
                    > of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
                    > running by the time it's over.
                    >
                    > --jody.
                    >
                    >
                    > >
                    > > Subject: Vispassana meditation
                    > >
                    > > It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
                    > > 'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
                    > > more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
                    > > US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > > MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.

                    Yo Jodiji,
                    If they're OK with you, they're OK! BUT I am still impressed with the
                    quantity of "have to do's" just to be allowed to apply for their 10
                    day course. And I'd say that makes this the least "free" Vispassana
                    meditation instruction happening.
                    And besides, here's another one that came today via email that makes
                    all other offerings needless. It's our chance to get next to the
                    Avatar of the age. Krishna, Jesus, and Buddha all rolled into one Lord
                    of all.

                    Subject: Universal Religion
                    Dear Sir/Madam

                    We are happy to note that you are a spiritual aspirant and in search
                    of knowledge.

                    Our Sadguru H.H. Sri Datta Swami is preaching Jnana (Knowledge) as per
                    the Vedas and Gita. His goal and endeavour is to unite all the
                    religions of the world into one, as all of them contain and spread the
                    same message in different forms.

                    We are forwarding few questions asked by devotees and the answers
                    provided
                    by Sri Datta Swami.

                    You may also please send your questions/enquiries to the following
                    email id's

                    sridatta1@...
                    dattaswami2000@...

                    Please visit our website www.universal-spirituality.org

                    Thanking you,

                    Yours faithfully,

                    I remain in the service of Datta

                    For Datta Jnana Prachara Parishat

                    G.Lakshman
                    Devotee


                    UNIVERSAL RELIGION – PART I

                    By Swami.

                    If you say that your religion is the only path to God and that
                    other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question to you. The
                    question is for every religion without any trace of partiality. The
                    simple question is : Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow
                    that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own
                    fault. This is very much reasonable. But before your ancestors
                    discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your
                    religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for
                    no fault of him. But your ancestor reached God through your religion
                    at that time. Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now
                    and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled
                    out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul. Thus my
                    ancestor sufferred forever for no fault of him and the responsibility
                    for this falls on the partiality of God. Had the God been impartial,
                    He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time.
                    Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your
                    ancestor. Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.

                    The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that
                    you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time
                    in various forms and preached your path in various languages. The
                    same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not
                    exist everywhere. The syllabus and explanation are one and the same,
                    though the media and teachers are different. Can you give any
                    alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this?
                    Certainly not! Any person of any religion to any other religion can
                    pose this question.

                    Moreover every religion states that their God only created this
                    world. Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot
                    create the same world. There are no many worlds to justify that each
                    God created His own world. Therefore any human being with an iota of
                    commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who
                    created this one world and He came in different forms to different
                    countries and preached the same path in all the languages
                    simultaneously at one time.

                    Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid
                    conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the
                    Universal Peace. I need not beg all these religious followers to be
                    united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace. Such
                    begging appeals are made enough in the past. The religious fans feel
                    that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be
                    united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals. Thus a
                    temporary change was only brought. At the maximum one generation of
                    the followers got united. The next generation fights with each other
                    because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of
                    the real unity in their religious scriptures. A permanent solution
                    for this does not lie in the begging appleas, which may or may not
                    unite the followers. Even if the appeals unite such unity is not
                    permanent. If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is
                    exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be
                    united for generations together. Therefore, My attack is not on the
                    hearts of the followers through love and kindness. My attack is on
                    all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of
                    divine knowledge. The unity of hearts through love can be only
                    temporary. The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine
                    knowledge will be permanent. Hearts agree but brains realize.
                    Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent. Thus this is My
                    first blow of My divine caunch shell for the permanent unity of all
                    the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.