Meditation-Stillness

  • angelicspirit2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Blessings Group,

      For many years I heard the phrase, "BE STILL AND KNOW"
      of course my question was Know what? How can I turn
      my mind off long enought to hear nothing but quiet?

      I wanted to get to know my Creator and myself. I
      wanted to know who I am and what I am not. I wanted
      to find my purpose in life and what I am supposed to
      do. How can I make this a better place for others and
      how to solve problems that were in my life?

      Through learning to really meditate it has helped me
      achieve some of this. I will never have it perfected
      as I think it should be, I don't think, but then again
      there is that little ray of hope.

      I continue on the path of enlightenment with treasured
      friends such as each of you. Giving me strength and
      gentle guidance that I can continue to learn and be
      open.

      Lovingly in Grace and Spirit,
      TW

      =====
      "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Michael Read
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, angelicspirit2000
        <spiritmindbody2001@y...> wrote:
        > Blessings Group,
        >
        > For many years I heard the phrase, "BE STILL AND KNOW"
        > of course my question was Know what? How can I turn
        > my mind off long enought to hear nothing but quiet?

        The rest of the phrase is "and know that thou are god"

        > I wanted to get to know my Creator and myself. I
        > wanted to know who I am and what I am not. I wanted
        > to find my purpose in life and what I am supposed to
        > do. How can I make this a better place for others and
        > how to solve problems that were in my life?

        The zen approach would be to do what is in front of you to do. Eat
        when you're hungry and do the dishes as needed. Every problem has an
        answer - for good or ill. Don't look at them as others. They are
        simply folk, as you and I are.

        > Through learning to really meditate it has helped me
        > achieve some of this. I will never have it perfected
        > as I think it should be, I don't think, but then again
        > there is that little ray of hope.

        Observe the events without judging them. Meditation can help. As you
        begin to see the perfection that is already present within you, you
        will begin to see that perfection is the hidden nature of things.

        > I continue on the path of enlightenment with treasured
        > friends such as each of you. Giving me strength and
        > gentle guidance that I can continue to learn and be
        > open.

        The pre-occupation of seekers is the path. The path is a great
        obstacle to awakening. The path or the idea of the path is that you
        will eventually end-up somewhere. By focusing on the path the seeker
        fails to realize that they are already at the goal. In fact, they are
        the goal. Yeah, it's a really bad practical joke but, one can't say
        that it doesn't keep one busy. <grin>

        =====
        > "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no
        path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

        "He does not attain a 'many' or a 'One' that is separate from himself;
        It is not something 'other', like an object with length and breadth.
        It cannot be objectively proven, or compared with anything.
        It's the Lord, the Self, the Eternal, he attains."

        The Song of The Avadhut - chapter 2 verse 36.

        ciao,

        michael
      • angelicspirit2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
          Thank you for sharing something most powerful,Michael.

          With Gentleness and love,
          TW

          =====

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, angelicspirit2000
            <spiritmindbody2001@y...> wrote:
            > Thank you for sharing something most powerful,Michael.
            >
            > With Gentleness and love,
            > TW

            You're welcome,

            michael
          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
              Thank you for sharing something most powerful,Michael.

              > With Gentleness and love,
              > TW
              >

              > =====
              > "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

              dearest TW,

              I love your signo by Emerson !

              my country man and fellow initiate into
              the OM; Imre, a sufi poet and transaltor
              of sufi poetry found out researching,
              that Waldo Emerson and Walt Whitman
              were both masters of the sound meditation

              plese read Whirman Mystic Trumpeter at:

              <http://santmat-meditation.net/imresimon>

              love, Karta