Re: Help on meditation ...

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, pvirgaonkar <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4 days a
      > week. I need some help.
      >
      > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on its
      > own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
      > control the vibration, the speed increase.
      >
      > What should i do.
      >
      > Prashant

      hi Prashant,

      what method do you meditate with?
      talk to a MD and a guru is a good thing

      In meditation according to Sant Mat
      aka Surat Shabd Yoga where surat means 'attention' + life-force within the nadis

      with the attention focused at third-eye
      the life-force [sensory current] leaves through the nadis: not only from the Kundalini
      tract, but through all the meridians and it
      collects all its energy behind the
      third-eye because it is needed for the
      brake through: enlightenment to happen

      During meditation the Kundalini should
      sleep stay dormant but if awakens
      should be ignored and keep focus at
      the ajna. The body goes through strange
      movements kriyas all the way to total numbness of the body [dye daily] at the
      point when the life-force; the sensory currenta all collected behind the ajna
      This is a death like experience and
      it can happen, that one really really
      fights it; that is natural nut it can
      cause shakings etc

      Kirpal Singh:

      Kabir further explains: "Continuous flow
      the symphonic strains sublime; Divine in
      birth, they subdue the mind."
      By concentration a feeling of numbness gradually creeps up on the
      hands and feet and spreads on to the rest of the
      body until the sensory current gets
      focused on the center of the soul behind
      the two eyebrows (from whence during wakefulness it proceeds).
      The concentrated energy then falls
      back upon the veil behind the eyes
      which is rent asunder, opening a
      brilliant vista ahead. The sun and
      moon in turn appear with a melodious
      Sound Current emerging from beyond.
      These unbroken strains of music
      continue of their own accord. When
      this stage is reached an aspirant has
      nothing more to do except to be
      absorbed in them

      from:

      <http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/simran.htm>

      Surat Shabd Yoga page:

      <http://knowthyselfassoul.com>

      love, Karta
    • manjusrilotus
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        pvirgaonkar <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4
        days a week. I need some help.

        > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on
        its own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
        > control the vibration, the speed increase.
        >
        > What should i do.
        >
        > Prashant

        There is nothing to do but to continue to meditate and surrender
        within . This is a natural unfolding and all is well. This is a
        welling up of the spiritual energies a movement of the kundalini .