false gurus

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Difference between a true Master and a self-appointed Master

      Many claim to be Masters without possessing knowledge or experience
      from the Divine plane.
      There are today thousands of "Masters" in both the east and the west
      All these claim to be Masters themselves.

      Considered from the point
      of view of a true, genuine teacher, Master, the teaching of the self-
      appointed, physical "Masters" are directly or indirectly influenced
      by the negative sensory power.

      What is it then that these self-appointed teachers or Masters teach?

      On the surface they supply the same teaching, but deliver a
      different sort of doctrine, experience. They can lead or guide their
      disciples only to those areas within the astral world or the sensory
      dimensions which they have reached themselves. The message or the
      teaching is the same. With some training, anybody is capable of
      teaching without any problems whatsoever. But it is difficult to
      provide the practical demonstration and the first-hand information.

      This is only possible for him/her who has been appointed by the
      Highest Creative Power.

      What is the difference between a true, genuine, competent master and
      a so-called self-appointed master? There is a big difference! It is
      easy to ascend beyond the physical consciousness and concentrate on
      the area between the brows (the third eye, the seat of the soul).

      But it is very difficult to (completely) withdraw the consciousness
      from the body consciousness and reach beyond the astral and causal
      regions. In order to accomplish this, one has to be focused and
      constantly have his/her attention in the third eye. This is only
      possible with the help of the Highest Creative Power. A human being
      can never reach this on his own.

      Erroneous guidance of so-called self-appointed "masters".
      All impressions and experiences from previous lives (all karma), are
      gathered in a big reservoir in our unconscious mind. This works as
      an iron curtain hindering the soul or spirit in reaching its
      destination. Only the Highest Divine Power, the Word or Shabd (the
      sound within) can incinerate, eliminate karma and open the third eye
      so that the soul can pass beyond the darkness and experience the
      spiritual light. Since the so-called self-appointed "masters" are
      incapable of eliminating karma, the information they deliver at the
      time of initiation is connected to the sensory regions, and the
      message or knowledge coming from there is of solely negative
      character. This kind of energy and knowledge keeps one bound in the
      lower sensory regions and whatever experiences there are pure
      illusion.

      Even the five holy names, mantras or words, revealed by some self-
      appointed teacher or master not empowered by the Highest Divine
      Power, are without any value at all. He, who received the five
      mantras at his initiation by a self-appointed teacher, can only
      reach as far as the respective teacher had reached. If, for example,
      such a "master" has reached no further than the lower or
      intermediary regions of the astral plane, neither can his disciples.

      On this plane, the disciple may be able to perform many kinds of
      miracles and have fascinating experiences that make him believe that
      he is in constant progress, but in reality he is moving around
      within the same plane.

      The self-appointed masters existing today in the sensory world, make
      their disciples believe that the experiences they have on these
      sensory regions are in fact of spiritual nature. This is misleading
      for the disciples and keeps them bound in this region and to their
      ego. These astral experiences make on see different kinds of
      phenomenon as for example various landscapes, flowery fields,
      angels, buildings and various kinds of places, etc. The purpose of
      the five names (mantras) given at the time of initiation by a
      competent master living among us here and now, is to withdraw the
      soul from the sensory world and thereby enable the disciple to learn
      to control the sensory world instead of being controlled by it. The
      purpose of this is to enable the soul to free itself from the
      treadmill of birth and death and return to its original source - to
      the home of the soul - Sach Kand.

      Alexander J. Markus
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        Leaving the Upthread for
        those who wish to go back
        and read the centuries old
        traditional teachings of
        some sects of the eastern
        religions.

        The teaching Karta posted
        speaks of the need for The
        Highest Creative Power,
        The Highest Divine Power
        to bestow role of master,
        teacher, guru.

        Then it goes on to say that
        the student cannot go
        beyond the level of his
        physical, living teacher.

        But ordination does not come
        from another physical teacher,
        nor need it be confirmed by
        another physical teacher.

        It is written on the tablets
        of our hearts. When our heart,
        4th chakra, pick-your-model,
        opens, when we remember our
        divinity, we merge with God,
        beyond the physical realm.

        An aspirant can recieve
        direct experiential knowledge
        of: our oneness with God, that
        there is nothing that is not
        God, that all is within God,
        an all-pervading, peaceful,
        Loving, illuminating God...

        The guru is a convenience and
        one honor, but only as is my
        own experience. The seeker is
        the one served by the master,
        and the only mission of the
        true master is to make another
        master.

        It is another form of manipulative,
        exclusive-club "priesthood" to
        say that another person, guru or
        not, is our only route to God
        and that we can go no higher
        than the one who pointed to
        the door.

        We have a direct route.

        Need a guru, do you?

        Jeff
      • kathy rabold
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
          Karta, Who are self-appointed masters ?  Do you know who they are ?

          Who are the good ones ?   Kathy

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, kathy rabold <karatagi34677@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            >
            > The self-appointed masters existing today in the sensory world, make
            > their disciples believe that the experiences they have on these
            > sensory regions are in fact of spiritual nature. This is misleading
            > for the disciples and keeps them bound in this region and to their
            > ego. These astral experiences make on see different kinds of
            > phenomenon as for example various landscapes, flowery fields,
            > angels, buildings and various kinds of places, etc. The purpose of
            > the five names (mantras) given at the time of initiation by a
            > competent master living among us here and now, is to withdraw the
            > soul from the sensory world and thereby enable the disciple to learn
            > to control the sensory world instead of being controlled by it. The
            > purpose of this is to enable the soul to free itself from the
            > treadmill of birth and death and return to its original source - to

            hi, Kathy

            There is a great variety in the level
            of guruship. In the US the term is
            badly abused Almost every guru here