Re: Help on meditation ...

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, pvirgaonkar <
      no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4 days a
      > week. I need some help.
      >
      > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on its
      > own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
      > control the vibration, the speed increase.
      >
      > What should i do.
      >
      > Prashant

      Learn about the Kundalini, and
      the rising of energy through
      the chakras. See if this
      information resonates with
      what you have experienced.
      Then find a recognized,
      knowledgeable teacher with
      first-hand experiential
      knowledge of this model
      of expressing spirutual
      awakening. Be discerning
      about accepting advice
      from those with superficial
      knowledge of this field.

      Jeff
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, pvirgaonkar <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4 days a
        > week. I need some help.
        >
        > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on its
        > own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
        > control the vibration, the speed increase.
        >
        > What should i do.
        >
        > Prashant

        hi Prashant,

        what method do you meditate with?
        talk to a MD and a guru is a good thing

        In meditation according to Sant Mat
        aka Surat Shabd Yoga where surat means 'attention' + life-force within the nadis

        with the attention focused at third-eye
        the life-force [sensory current] leaves through the nadis: not only from the Kundalini
        tract, but through all the meridians and it
        collects all its energy behind the
        third-eye because it is needed for the
        brake through: enlightenment to happen

        During meditation the Kundalini should
        sleep stay dormant but if awakens
        should be ignored and keep focus at
        the ajna. The body goes through strange
        movements kriyas all the way to total numbness of the body [dye daily] at the
        point when the life-force; the sensory currenta all collected behind the ajna
        This is a death like experience and
        it can happen, that one really really
        fights it; that is natural nut it can
        cause shakings etc

        Kirpal Singh:

        Kabir further explains: "Continuous flow
        the symphonic strains sublime; Divine in
        birth, they subdue the mind."
        By concentration a feeling of numbness gradually creeps up on the
        hands and feet and spreads on to the rest of the
        body until the sensory current gets
        focused on the center of the soul behind
        the two eyebrows (from whence during wakefulness it proceeds).
        The concentrated energy then falls
        back upon the veil behind the eyes
        which is rent asunder, opening a
        brilliant vista ahead. The sun and
        moon in turn appear with a melodious
        Sound Current emerging from beyond.
        These unbroken strains of music
        continue of their own accord. When
        this stage is reached an aspirant has
        nothing more to do except to be
        absorbed in them

        from:

        <http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/simran.htm>

        Surat Shabd Yoga page:

        <http://knowthyselfassoul.com>

        love, Karta
      • manjusrilotus
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
          pvirgaonkar <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4
          days a week. I need some help.

          > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on
          its own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
          > control the vibration, the speed increase.
          >
          > What should i do.
          >
          > Prashant

          There is nothing to do but to continue to meditate and surrender
          within . This is a natural unfolding and all is well. This is a
          welling up of the spiritual energies a movement of the kundalini .