Help on meditation ...

  • pvirgaonkar
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2003
      I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4 days a
      week. I need some help.

      1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on its
      own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
      control the vibration, the speed increase.

      What should i do.

      Prashant
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, pvirgaonkar <
        no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4 days a
        > week. I need some help.
        >
        > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on its
        > own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
        > control the vibration, the speed increase.
        >
        > What should i do.
        >
        > Prashant

        Learn about the Kundalini, and
        the rising of energy through
        the chakras. See if this
        information resonates with
        what you have experienced.
        Then find a recognized,
        knowledgeable teacher with
        first-hand experiential
        knowledge of this model
        of expressing spirutual
        awakening. Be discerning
        about accepting advice
        from those with superficial
        knowledge of this field.

        Jeff
      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, pvirgaonkar <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4 days a
          > week. I need some help.
          >
          > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on its
          > own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
          > control the vibration, the speed increase.
          >
          > What should i do.
          >
          > Prashant

          hi Prashant,

          what method do you meditate with?
          talk to a MD and a guru is a good thing

          In meditation according to Sant Mat
          aka Surat Shabd Yoga where surat means 'attention' + life-force within the nadis

          with the attention focused at third-eye
          the life-force [sensory current] leaves through the nadis: not only from the Kundalini
          tract, but through all the meridians and it
          collects all its energy behind the
          third-eye because it is needed for the
          brake through: enlightenment to happen

          During meditation the Kundalini should
          sleep stay dormant but if awakens
          should be ignored and keep focus at
          the ajna. The body goes through strange
          movements kriyas all the way to total numbness of the body [dye daily] at the
          point when the life-force; the sensory currenta all collected behind the ajna
          This is a death like experience and
          it can happen, that one really really
          fights it; that is natural nut it can
          cause shakings etc

          Kirpal Singh:

          Kabir further explains: "Continuous flow
          the symphonic strains sublime; Divine in
          birth, they subdue the mind."
          By concentration a feeling of numbness gradually creeps up on the
          hands and feet and spreads on to the rest of the
          body until the sensory current gets
          focused on the center of the soul behind
          the two eyebrows (from whence during wakefulness it proceeds).
          The concentrated energy then falls
          back upon the veil behind the eyes
          which is rent asunder, opening a
          brilliant vista ahead. The sun and
          moon in turn appear with a melodious
          Sound Current emerging from beyond.
          These unbroken strains of music
          continue of their own accord. When
          this stage is reached an aspirant has
          nothing more to do except to be
          absorbed in them

          from:

          <http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/simran.htm>

          Surat Shabd Yoga page:

          <http://knowthyselfassoul.com>

          love, Karta
        • manjusrilotus
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
            pvirgaonkar <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I have been meditating for a year now. I meditate at least 4
            days a week. I need some help.

            > 1. When I start to meditate - my upper body start to vibrate on
            its own. I can control it when I try to do so. If i do not try to
            > control the vibration, the speed increase.
            >
            > What should i do.
            >
            > Prashant

            There is nothing to do but to continue to meditate and surrender
            within . This is a natural unfolding and all is well. This is a
            welling up of the spiritual energies a movement of the kundalini .