Sign on a church

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2002
      No God - No Peace. Know God - Know Peace.
    • José Perez
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2002
        So this means "Religious Wars" is an oxymoron and shouldn't exist,
        right?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2002
          Dear Jose,
          Of course you are referring to a conventional war, but in a real way,
          meditation is all about a religious war. The "enemy" is the mind, and
          the "Real Self" is in a war for control of your consciousness. The
          mind plays tricks and offers bribes to stay in the position of
          Master. But with meditation, a sincere desire for freedom, and by
          Grace, the war can be won. Once the war is over, and the mind has
          been tamed, all the combatants will be the better for it. The mind
          then can go about its real job appropriately, and give us
          intelligence. The emotions can fill with the love that the confusion
          of the untamed mind prevented, and the body and spirit will no longer
          suffer the negative repercussions that the mind's stress caused. This
          is "Realization". Religion and realization have the same root
          meaning, and that is Realize. The mind is the biggest obstacle in
          letting you realize and it may very well take a war for this to
          occur.
          The Bhavagad Gita is a description of this inner battle and has
          served as one of the classic guides to meditation for thousands of
          years. It is a great war story and has Realization at its purpose. I
          heartily recommend everyone read it. My favorite translations are
          those of Swami Satchidananda and Swami Sivananda.
          "José Perez" <perezt@s...> wrote:
          > So this means "Religious Wars" is an oxymoron and shouldn't exist,
          > right?
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., medit8ionsociety
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > No God - No Peace. Know God - Know Peace.
        • Tony
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 13, 2002
            Hello everyone,

            Just returned from a 10 day business trip. Lots of mail to catch up on.

            ...Tony