Re: Ego and Guru/ML

  • manjusrilotus
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
      <mlcanow@y...>
      > > writes:

      > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
      > > sacred."

      > > > yes it is great and from a much better
      > > > angle, than from the self-conscious:
      > > > "I have no ego because I am an
      > > > enlightened guru"
      > > >
      > > > LOL
      > > >
      > > > oh!
      > >
      > > Yes, 'I' is the first arising of ego.
      > > And, by the way, what's the problem with ego?
      > > To see ego as what it is
      > > dissolves all 'problems' and conflicts.
      > > Let's identify the mascarade.
      > >
      > > ml
      >
      > yes, exactly dear Maria Luisa
      >
      > all of my teachers have very different
      > personalties; one is like a Taurus:
      > head strong <grin> I think, that the ego
      > should be yoked, used for the uniqueness
      > they offer
      >
      > Karta

      Is fiery nature ego ? Or can it be that it is just nature ? Not all in
      nature is sweetness and still yet it is all needed in the grand
      scheme of things and is simply an outflow of the guna's in
      motion.

      Is not ego an attachment to mind - body - form identity ? It is not
      that someone whom is speaking in quiet measure or with
      pleasant strokes is necessarily beyond ego versus one that
      speaks with words that stops one dead in their tracts and
      causes a reaction . Neither does it mean that one whom is fiery
      is within ego .......

      Looking at the various form of God's aspects - There is Krishna
      that is light and airy and then Kali that is fiery and pulls away
      illusion .

      Is one more ego bound than another ? Or are they in fact
      simply movements of energy being directed towards the
      unfolding of humanity ? How can these external movements be
      judged as ego or not ? The only way to Know it is ego is to be
      within it's consciousness to see if there is attachment or not .
      Without attachment it might simply be a spontaneous movement
      of Nature towards the most Satvik action in the moment .

      Just because a Guru's words may seem harsh do not judge it
      as coming from *ego* as the guna's are 3 and have nothing to
      do with ego . Each guna carries within it the seeds of either
      Higher Satvik motion which is to take others beyond illusion or
      the lower manifestation of ego which creates islands of intent .
      While externally what is not pleasent others may judge as
      coming from ego but in reality a Fire is simply a fire. A tearing
      away is simply making room for further growth and not as a
      means to put down or prove superiority (unless it is ego
      generated) .
      Nature is simply nature - the greatest tragedy can be the
      greatest door to liberation . It is all in how the situation is seen .

      If your intent is to find ego indeed that is what you will judge it to
      be . If your surrender is to the Divine within All then it will be
      simply another movement to take you beyond the identifications
      of either or .........

      just something to ponder.......
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "manjusrilotus"
        <manjusrilotus@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Higher Satvik motion which is to take others beyond illusion or
        > the lower manifestation of ego which creates islands of intent .
        > While externally what is not pleasent others may judge as
        > coming from ego but in reality a Fire is simply a fire. A tearing
        > away is simply making room for further growth and not as a
        > means to put down or prove superiority (unless it is ego
        > generated) .
        > Nature is simply nature - the greatest tragedy can be the
        > greatest door to liberation . It is all in how the situation is
        seen .

        > If your intent is to find ego indeed that is what you will judge
        it to
        > be . If your surrender is to the Divine within All then it will
        be
        > simply another movement to take you beyond the identifications

        Well, pondering all these words, they seem to be just very correct
        and truthful.

        ml

        (familiar words)