Re: [Meditation Society of America] Ego and Guru/Bruce

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@j...> wrote:
      > Muchas gracias, mi corazon!
      >
      > Vaya con verdad -- Bruce
      >

      > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:03:44 -0000 "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...> writes:
      > > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
      > > every moment, thus making perceptual "room" for the truly sacred."
      > > (Bruce Morgen)
      > >

      > > What a beauty!!!
      > > ml

      yes it is great and from a much better
      angle, than from the self-conscious:
      "I have no ego because I am an
      enlightened guru

      LOL

      oh!
      _____________________________________________> http://come.to/realization
      > http://www.atman.net/realization
      > http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucemrg.htm
      > http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucsong.htm
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
        <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen
        <editor@j...> wrote:
        > > Muchas gracias, mi corazon!
        > >
        > > Vaya con verdad -- Bruce
        > >

        > > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:03:44 -0000 "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...>
        writes:
        > > > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
        > > > every moment, thus making perceptual "room" for the truly
        sacred."
        > > > (Bruce Morgen)
        > > >

        > > > What a beauty!!!
        > > > ml
        > > >

        > yes it is great and from a much better
        > angle, than from the self-conscious:
        > "I have no ego because I am an
        > enlightened guru
        >
        > LOL
        >
        > oh!

        Yes, 'I' is the first arising of ego.
        And, by the way, what's the problem with ego?
        To see ego as what it is
        dissolves all 'problems' and conflicts.
        Let's identify the mascarade.

        ml
      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
          > > > Muchas gracias, mi corazon!
          > > >
          > > > Vaya con verdad -- Bruce
          > > >

          > > > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:03:44 -0000 "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...>
          > writes:
          "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
          > sacred."

          > > yes it is great and from a much better
          > > angle, than from the self-conscious:
          > > "I have no ego because I am an
          > > enlightened guru"
          > >
          > > LOL
          > >
          > > oh!
          >
          > Yes, 'I' is the first arising of ego.
          > And, by the way, what's the problem with ego?
          > To see ego as what it is
          > dissolves all 'problems' and conflicts.
          > Let's identify the mascarade.
          >
          > ml

          yes, exactly dear Maria Luisa

          all of my teachers have very different
          personalties; one is like a Taurus:
          head strong <grin> I think, that the ego
          should be yoked, used for the uniqueness
          they offer

          Karta
        • manjusrilotus
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
            > > writes:

            > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
            > > sacred."

            > > > yes it is great and from a much better
            > > > angle, than from the self-conscious:
            > > > "I have no ego because I am an
            > > > enlightened guru"
            > > >
            > > > LOL
            > > >
            > > > oh!
            > >
            > > Yes, 'I' is the first arising of ego.
            > > And, by the way, what's the problem with ego?
            > > To see ego as what it is
            > > dissolves all 'problems' and conflicts.
            > > Let's identify the mascarade.
            > >
            > > ml
            >
            > yes, exactly dear Maria Luisa
            >
            > all of my teachers have very different
            > personalties; one is like a Taurus:
            > head strong <grin> I think, that the ego
            > should be yoked, used for the uniqueness
            > they offer
            >
            > Karta

            Is fiery nature ego ? Or can it be that it is just nature ? Not all in
            nature is sweetness and still yet it is all needed in the grand
            scheme of things and is simply an outflow of the guna's in
            motion.

            Is not ego an attachment to mind - body - form identity ? It is not
            that someone whom is speaking in quiet measure or with
            pleasant strokes is necessarily beyond ego versus one that
            speaks with words that stops one dead in their tracts and
            causes a reaction . Neither does it mean that one whom is fiery
            is within ego .......

            Looking at the various form of God's aspects - There is Krishna
            that is light and airy and then Kali that is fiery and pulls away
            illusion .

            Is one more ego bound than another ? Or are they in fact
            simply movements of energy being directed towards the
            unfolding of humanity ? How can these external movements be
            judged as ego or not ? The only way to Know it is ego is to be
            within it's consciousness to see if there is attachment or not .
            Without attachment it might simply be a spontaneous movement
            of Nature towards the most Satvik action in the moment .

            Just because a Guru's words may seem harsh do not judge it
            as coming from *ego* as the guna's are 3 and have nothing to
            do with ego . Each guna carries within it the seeds of either
            Higher Satvik motion which is to take others beyond illusion or
            the lower manifestation of ego which creates islands of intent .
            While externally what is not pleasent others may judge as
            coming from ego but in reality a Fire is simply a fire. A tearing
            away is simply making room for further growth and not as a
            means to put down or prove superiority (unless it is ego
            generated) .
            Nature is simply nature - the greatest tragedy can be the
            greatest door to liberation . It is all in how the situation is seen .

            If your intent is to find ego indeed that is what you will judge it to
            be . If your surrender is to the Divine within All then it will be
            simply another movement to take you beyond the identifications
            of either or .........

            just something to ponder.......
          • mlcanow
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "manjusrilotus"
              <manjusrilotus@y...> wrote:

> [...]
              > Higher Satvik motion which is to take others beyond illusion or
              > the lower manifestation of ego which creates islands of intent .
              > While externally what is not pleasent others may judge as
              > coming from ego but in reality a Fire is simply a fire. A tearing
              > away is simply making room for further growth and not as a
              > means to put down or prove superiority (unless it is ego
              > generated) .
              > Nature is simply nature - the greatest tragedy can be the
              > greatest door to liberation . It is all in how the situation is
              seen .

              > If your intent is to find ego indeed that is what you will judge
              it to
              > be . If your surrender is to the Divine within All then it will
              be
              > simply another movement to take you beyond the identifications

              Well, pondering all these words, they seem to be just very correct
              and truthful.

              ml

              (familiar words)