Re: [Meditation Society of America] Ego and Guru/Bruce

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
      Muchas gracias, mi corazon!

      Vaya con verdad -- Bruce

      On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:03:44 -0000 "mlcanow" <mlcanow@...> writes:
      > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
      > every moment, thus making perceptual "room" for the truly sacred."
      > (Bruce Morgen)
      >

      > What a beauty!!!
      > ml

      http://come.to/realization
      http://www.atman.net/realization
      http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucemrg.htm
      http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucsong.htm

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@j...> wrote:
        > Muchas gracias, mi corazon!
        >
        > Vaya con verdad -- Bruce
        >

        > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:03:44 -0000 "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...> writes:
        > > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
        > > every moment, thus making perceptual "room" for the truly sacred."
        > > (Bruce Morgen)
        > >

        > > What a beauty!!!
        > > ml

        yes it is great and from a much better
        angle, than from the self-conscious:
        "I have no ego because I am an
        enlightened guru

        LOL

        oh!
        _____________________________________________> http://come.to/realization
        > http://www.atman.net/realization
        > http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucemrg.htm
        > http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucsong.htm
      • mlcanow
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen
          <editor@j...> wrote:
          > > Muchas gracias, mi corazon!
          > >
          > > Vaya con verdad -- Bruce
          > >

          > > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:03:44 -0000 "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...>
          writes:
          > > > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
          > > > every moment, thus making perceptual "room" for the truly
          sacred."
          > > > (Bruce Morgen)
          > > >

          > > > What a beauty!!!
          > > > ml
          > > >

          > yes it is great and from a much better
          > angle, than from the self-conscious:
          > "I have no ego because I am an
          > enlightened guru
          >
          > LOL
          >
          > oh!

          Yes, 'I' is the first arising of ego.
          And, by the way, what's the problem with ego?
          To see ego as what it is
          dissolves all 'problems' and conflicts.
          Let's identify the mascarade.

          ml
        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
            > > > Muchas gracias, mi corazon!
            > > >
            > > > Vaya con verdad -- Bruce
            > > >

            > > > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:03:44 -0000 "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...>
            > writes:
            "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
            > sacred."

            > > yes it is great and from a much better
            > > angle, than from the self-conscious:
            > > "I have no ego because I am an
            > > enlightened guru"
            > >
            > > LOL
            > >
            > > oh!
            >
            > Yes, 'I' is the first arising of ego.
            > And, by the way, what's the problem with ego?
            > To see ego as what it is
            > dissolves all 'problems' and conflicts.
            > Let's identify the mascarade.
            >
            > ml

            yes, exactly dear Maria Luisa

            all of my teachers have very different
            personalties; one is like a Taurus:
            head strong <grin> I think, that the ego
            should be yoked, used for the uniqueness
            they offer

            Karta
          • manjusrilotus
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
              > > writes:

              > "For the truthful one, ego dies in virtually
              > > sacred."

              > > > yes it is great and from a much better
              > > > angle, than from the self-conscious:
              > > > "I have no ego because I am an
              > > > enlightened guru"
              > > >
              > > > LOL
              > > >
              > > > oh!
              > >
              > > Yes, 'I' is the first arising of ego.
              > > And, by the way, what's the problem with ego?
              > > To see ego as what it is
              > > dissolves all 'problems' and conflicts.
              > > Let's identify the mascarade.
              > >
              > > ml
              >
              > yes, exactly dear Maria Luisa
              >
              > all of my teachers have very different
              > personalties; one is like a Taurus:
              > head strong <grin> I think, that the ego
              > should be yoked, used for the uniqueness
              > they offer
              >
              > Karta

              Is fiery nature ego ? Or can it be that it is just nature ? Not all in
              nature is sweetness and still yet it is all needed in the grand
              scheme of things and is simply an outflow of the guna's in
              motion.

              Is not ego an attachment to mind - body - form identity ? It is not
              that someone whom is speaking in quiet measure or with
              pleasant strokes is necessarily beyond ego versus one that
              speaks with words that stops one dead in their tracts and
              causes a reaction . Neither does it mean that one whom is fiery
              is within ego .......

              Looking at the various form of God's aspects - There is Krishna
              that is light and airy and then Kali that is fiery and pulls away
              illusion .

              Is one more ego bound than another ? Or are they in fact
              simply movements of energy being directed towards the
              unfolding of humanity ? How can these external movements be
              judged as ego or not ? The only way to Know it is ego is to be
              within it's consciousness to see if there is attachment or not .
              Without attachment it might simply be a spontaneous movement
              of Nature towards the most Satvik action in the moment .

              Just because a Guru's words may seem harsh do not judge it
              as coming from *ego* as the guna's are 3 and have nothing to
              do with ego . Each guna carries within it the seeds of either
              Higher Satvik motion which is to take others beyond illusion or
              the lower manifestation of ego which creates islands of intent .
              While externally what is not pleasent others may judge as
              coming from ego but in reality a Fire is simply a fire. A tearing
              away is simply making room for further growth and not as a
              means to put down or prove superiority (unless it is ego
              generated) .
              Nature is simply nature - the greatest tragedy can be the
              greatest door to liberation . It is all in how the situation is seen .

              If your intent is to find ego indeed that is what you will judge it to
              be . If your surrender is to the Divine within All then it will be
              simply another movement to take you beyond the identifications
              of either or .........

              just something to ponder.......
            • mlcanow
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "manjusrilotus"
                <manjusrilotus@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                > Higher Satvik motion which is to take others beyond illusion or
                > the lower manifestation of ego which creates islands of intent .
                > While externally what is not pleasent others may judge as
                > coming from ego but in reality a Fire is simply a fire. A tearing
                > away is simply making room for further growth and not as a
                > means to put down or prove superiority (unless it is ego
                > generated) .
                > Nature is simply nature - the greatest tragedy can be the
                > greatest door to liberation . It is all in how the situation is
                seen .

                > If your intent is to find ego indeed that is what you will judge
                it to
                > be . If your surrender is to the Divine within All then it will
                be
                > simply another movement to take you beyond the identifications

                Well, pondering all these words, they seem to be just very correct
                and truthful.

                ml

                (familiar words)