Meditation Tip #21

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 25, 2003
      "Thy will be done" gets you off the hook.
      Thank God!

      Kir Li Molari
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 25, 2003
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > "Thy will be done" gets you off the hook.
        > Thank God!
        >
        > Kir Li Molari

        Thank YOU! Bob :-)

        ml
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 26, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow" <
          mlcanow@y...> wrote:
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > "Thy will be done" gets you off the hook.
          > > Thank God!
          > >
          > > Kir Li Molari
          >
          > Thank YOU! Bob :-)
          >
          > ml

          Yes. I like what Carolyn Myss
          says. If you want to know if
          God has a sense of humor, tell
          God about "your" plans.

          It's a 100% "Thy will be done"
          show. We're on automatic pilot.
          Just cruisin' through town for
          a few dozen years. How sweet
          it is.

          Jeff
        • mlcanow
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 26, 2003
            <jeff@s...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow" <
            > mlcanow@y...> wrote:
            medit8ionsociety
            > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > > "Thy will be done" gets you off the hook.
            > > > Thank God!
            > > >
            > > > Kir Li Molari
            > >
            > > Thank YOU! Bob :-)
            > >
            > > ml
            >
            > Yes. I like what Carolyn Myss
            > says. If you want to know if
            > God has a sense of humor, tell
            > God about "your" plans.
            >
            > It's a 100% "Thy will be done"
            > show. We're on automatic pilot.
            > Just cruisin' through town for
            > a few dozen years. How sweet
            > it is.
            >
            > Jeff

            And when we cruise through town with the heavy load on the shoulder
            of 'my' plans, 'my' ownings, 'my' memories, rather than being sweet
            it makes us sweep.

            ml
          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 26, 2003
              "Thy will be done" gets you off the hook.
              Thank God!

              Kir Li Molari

              > > > Thank YOU! Bob :-)
              > > >
              > > > ml
              > >
              > > Yes. I like what Carolyn Myss
              > > says. If you want to know if
              > > God has a sense of humor, tell
              > > God about "your" plans.
              > >
              > > It's a 100% "Thy will be done"
              > > show. We're on automatic pilot.
              > > Just cruisin' through town for
              > > a few dozen years. How sweet
              > > it is.
              > >
              > > Jeff
              >
              > And when we cruise through town with the heavy load on the shoulder
              > of 'my' plans, 'my' ownings, 'my' memories, rather than being sweet
              > it makes us sweep.
              >
              > ml

              the original 'crusing' story goes
              like this: why carry the package
              burdening your back while traveling
              on the ship of god

              ?
            • angelicspirit2000
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 26, 2003
                My Friends,

                The wonderful advice in letting God take all the load
                is what I needed today. My plans, my expectations, my
                ideas, my wants, my direction? HE runs the show I
                don't and thank you for helping me remember this! I
                bet He had a good laugh today! lol

                Lovinglly,
                TW

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
              • mlcanow
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 26, 2003
                  <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                  > "Thy will be done" gets you off the hook.
                  > Thank God!
                  >

                  > Kir Li Molari

                  > > > Yes. I like what Carolyn Myss
                  > > > says. If you want to know if
                  > > > God has a sense of humor, tell
                  > > > God about "your" plans.
                  > > >
                  > > > It's a 100% "Thy will be done"
                  > > > show. We're on automatic pilot.
                  > > > Just cruisin' through town for
                  > > > a few dozen years. How sweet
                  > > > it is.
                  > > >
                  > > > Jeff
                  > >
                  > > And when we cruise through town with the heavy load on the
                  shoulder
                  > > of 'my' plans, 'my' ownings, 'my' memories, rather than being
                  sweet
                  > > it makes us sweep.
                  > >
                  > > ml
                  >

                  > the original 'crusing' story goes
                  > like this: why carry the package
                  > burdening your back while traveling
                  > on the ship of god
                  >

                  > ?

                  Maybe because we forget that we are on that ship?

                  ml
                • satkartar7
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 26, 2003
                    "Thy will be done" gets you off the hook.
                    > > Thank God!
                    > >

                    > > Kir Li Molari

                    > > > And when we cruise through town with the heavy load on the
                    > shoulder
                    > > > of 'my' plans, 'my' ownings, 'my' memories, rather than being
                    > sweet
                    > > > it makes us sweep.
                    > > >
                    > > > ml
                    > >

                    > > the original 'crusing' story goes
                    > > like this: why carry the package
                    > > burdening your back while traveling
                    > > on the ship of god
                    > >

                    > > ?
                    >
                    > Maybe because we forget that we are on that ship?

                    I know I do :-(

                    Maria Luisa, please post something from
                    your lineage

                    > ml
                  • mlcanow
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 27, 2003
                      > Maria Luisa, please post something from
                      > your lineage
                      >

                      > > ml

                      Wow! Karta, what a request.
                      I don't know if I consider myself coming from a lineage, since my
                      seeking has been long and wide. But I will suite to the lineage of
                      my teacher, Sri Ratan Lal. I think his approach is wonderful.
                      These are some words of him, although he speaks english, i took them
                      from a book in spanish and made the traduction, so maybe the
                      resulting synthaxis and spelling isn't the best, but what matters is
                      the content.

                      " To some people, surrenderness may seem easier because they believe
                      that once they have said "I surrender" to the Lord, they are free to
                      do whatever pleases them. That is not surrenderness. True
                      surrenderness is to abandon the ego, being completely free from
                      preferences and aversions, and admitting our own uncapability and
                      our dependence to a superior power. Extintion of the ego brings with
                      it a state identical to wisdom (Jnana).

                      Consciousness is not an object to be theorized about. The only
                      language Self knows is the language of silence. It can only be felt
                      when mind is free from thoughts and it's attention is directed to
                      the source. At the beginning, concentration is required to stick to
                      only one thought. At last, even that thought disappears. What is
                      left then? The answer is Self-Consciousness. That is the Truth.

                      Nobody doubts about its own existence. To know who we are there
                      isn't any need of external confirmation. The continuity of our self
                      is the essence of our nature. That is the Ultimate Truth. Descartes,
                      the french philosopher creator of modern phylosophy, exclaimed in
                      his famous quote: 'I think, then I am'. Truth is the contrary: 'I
                      am, then I think'. The 'I' thought, which in itself is only a
                      thought, is there only thanks to the existence of Consciousness.
                      There is nothing appart from Consciousness. This can be called
                      Supreme Power. To realize this fact, mind shall be in silence. Truth
                      is not reached by conceptualizing new theories about what is
                      relatively real. To be in the state of the Self goes beyond knowing
                      and ignorance. To know the Self is real knowing." (from: Union with
                      the Divinity, taken from the talks of Sri Ratan Lal)

                      All the Love,
                      maria luisa
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 27, 2003
                        Maria Louisa wrote in response to a question about her linage:

                        > Wow! Karta, what a request.
                        > I don't know if I consider myself coming from a lineage, since my
                        > seeking has been long and wide. But I will suite to the lineage of
                        > my teacher, Sri Ratan Lal. I think his approach is wonderful.
                        > These are some words of him, although he speaks english, i took them
                        > from a book in spanish and made the traduction, so maybe the
                        > resulting synthaxis and spelling isn't the best, but what matters is
                        > the content.
                        >
                        > " To some people, surrenderness may seem easier because they believe
                        > that once they have said "I surrender" to the Lord, they are free to
                        > do whatever pleases them. That is not surrenderness. True
                        > surrenderness is to abandon the ego, being completely free from
                        > preferences and aversions, and admitting our own uncapability and
                        > our dependence to a superior power. Extintion of the ego brings with
                        > it a state identical to wisdom (Jnana).
                        >
                        > Consciousness is not an object to be theorized about. The only
                        > language Self knows is the language of silence. It can only be felt
                        > when mind is free from thoughts and it's attention is directed to
                        > the source. At the beginning, concentration is required to stick to
                        > only one thought. At last, even that thought disappears. What is
                        > left then? The answer is Self-Consciousness. That is the Truth.
                        >
                        > Nobody doubts about its own existence. To know who we are there
                        > isn't any need of external confirmation. The continuity of our self
                        > is the essence of our nature. That is the Ultimate Truth. Descartes,
                        > the french philosopher creator of modern phylosophy, exclaimed in
                        > his famous quote: 'I think, then I am'. Truth is the contrary: 'I
                        > am, then I think'. The 'I' thought, which in itself is only a
                        > thought, is there only thanks to the existence of Consciousness.
                        > There is nothing appart from Consciousness. This can be called
                        > Supreme Power. To realize this fact, mind shall be in silence. Truth
                        > is not reached by conceptualizing new theories about what is
                        > relatively real. To be in the state of the Self goes beyond knowing
                        > and ignorance. To know the Self is real knowing." (from: Union with
                        > the Divinity, taken from the talks of Sri Ratan Lal)
                        >
                        > All the Love,
                        > maria luisa

                        Dear Maria Louisa,
                        Sri Ratan Lal's writing here is beautiful and wisdom filled, and I'd
                        like to read more. But, I couldn't find any book titles listed by him
                        on abebooks.com, my favorite source for books. Is Union With the
                        Divinity currently available, or any other books by him? I know this
                        was just a snapshot of his work, but I noticed that not one thing
                        written here dealt with "I'm a Guru, so listen to me", which is my
                        favorite kind of Guru - one that points to his teaching and not to
                        her/himself. Thank you for sharing this.
                      • mlcanow
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 27, 2003
                          > Dear Maria Louisa,
                          > Sri Ratan Lal's writing here is beautiful and wisdom filled, and
                          I'd
                          > like to read more. But, I couldn't find any book titles listed by
                          him
                          > on abebooks.com, my favorite source for books. Is Union With the
                          > Divinity currently available, or any other books by him? I know
                          this
                          > was just a snapshot of his work, but I noticed that not one thing
                          > written here dealt with "I'm a Guru, so listen to me", which is my
                          > favorite kind of Guru - one that points to his teaching and not to
                          > her/himself. Thank you for sharing this.
                          > Peace and blessings,
                          > Bob

                          Dear Bob,
                          your joy in reading his words is my joy. Your appreciation about him
                          is quite accurate. He says that it is not true that one can say:'I
                          am realized'.
                          It is interesting that this is a book that wasn't really 'written'
                          by him, but the result of his talks, that are impeccably recorded by
                          his nearest devotees or followers. The book exists, but the only
                          place i know i can find it is in India, in Satya Sai Baba's ashram,
                          after each satsang with Sri R.L. He also has at least two more books.
                          I am dreaming on going to India on october, so in that case i will
                          look for all those books for you and for anyone interested in them.
                          In the meanwhile i may post several traductions as this one, because
                          i consider it is wisdom itself, of very precious value for any body.
                          Simple words, simple way, simple teaching.

                          Love, and happy that you appreciated it,
                          maria luisa
                        • satkartar7
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 28, 2003
                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                            > Maria Louisa wrote in response to a question about her linage:
                            > >
                            > > Wow! Karta, what a request.
                            > > I don't know if I consider myself coming from a lineage, since my
                            > > seeking has been long and wide. But I will suite to the lineage of
                            > > my teacher, Sri Ratan Lal. I think his approach is wonderful.
                            > > These are some words of him, although he speaks english, i took them
                            > > from a book in spanish and made the traduction, so maybe the
                            > > resulting synthaxis and spelling isn't the best, but what matters is
                            > > the content.
                            > >
                            > > " To some people, surrenderness may seem easier because they believe
                            > > that once they have said "I surrender" to the Lord, they are free to
                            > > do whatever pleases them. That is not surrenderness. True
                            > > surrenderness is to abandon the ego, being completely free from
                            > > preferences and aversions, and admitting our own uncapability and
                            > > our dependence to a superior power. Extintion of the ego brings with
                            > > it a state identical to wisdom (Jnana).
                            > >
                            > > Consciousness is not an object to be theorized about. The only
                            > > language Self knows is the language of silence. It can only be felt
                            > > when mind is free from thoughts and it's attention is directed to
                            > > the source. At the beginning, concentration is required to stick to
                            > > only one thought. At last, even that thought disappears. What is
                            > > left then? The answer is Self-Consciousness. That is the Truth.
                            > >
                            > > Nobody doubts about its own existence. To know who we are there
                            > > isn't any need of external confirmation. The continuity of our self
                            > > is the essence of our nature. That is the Ultimate Truth. Descartes,
                            > > the french philosopher creator of modern phylosophy, exclaimed in
                            > > his famous quote: 'I think, then I am'. Truth is the contrary: 'I
                            > > am, then I think'. The 'I' thought, which in itself is only a
                            > > thought, is there only thanks to the existence of Consciousness.
                            > > There is nothing appart from Consciousness. This can be called
                            > > Supreme Power. To realize this fact, mind shall be in silence. Truth
                            > > is not reached by conceptualizing new theories about what is
                            > > relatively real. To be in the state of the Self goes beyond knowing
                            > > and ignorance. To know the Self is real knowing." (from: Union with
                            > > the Divinity, taken from the talks of Sri Ratan Lal)
                            > >
                            > > All the Love,
                            > > maria luisa
                            >
                            > Dear Maria Louisa,
                            > Sri Ratan Lal's writing here is beautiful and wisdom filled, and I'd
                            > like to read more. But, I couldn't find any book titles listed by him
                            > on abebooks.com, my favorite source for books. Is Union With the
                            > Divinity currently available, or any other books by him? I know this
                            > was just a snapshot of his work, but I noticed that not one thing
                            > written here dealt with "I'm a Guru, so listen to me", which is my
                            > favorite kind of Guru - one that points to his teaching and not to
                            > her/himself. Thank you for sharing this.
                            > Peace and blessings,
                            > Bob

                            yes, thank you,

                            I would love to read more from him

                            it is fascinating how each one of us
                            believe system born

                            I am having problem now with the
                            'nobody home' Balsekarian only
                            destiny notion I wonder what kind of self-Consciousness does that produce

                            from this angle what Maria Luisa wrote
                            about this subject is familiar: to
                            surrender to a higher power