Peace-Full

  • angelicspirit2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2003
      Blessings of Peace!

      We are perfect beings---as babies we are already
      conditioned in many ways reincarnated by our parents,
      overlap more conditions, place of birth, parents
      karmas---family, friends and even enemies. I try to
      experience the karma in life--the proverbial onion
      layers grow to hide the truth---through all part of
      dharma---to know peace I must know unrest first. This
      person I am found that the illusion I had built
      camoflaged the truth more and more.

      This is how I want to know others and for them to know
      of me:

      Oriah Mountain Dreamer~

      "It doesn't interest me what you do for a living
      I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to
      dream of meeting your heart's longing.

      It doesn't interest me how old you are
      I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
      for love for your dreams for the adventure of being
      alive.

      It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring
      your moon...
      I want to know if you have touched the center of
      your own sorrow
      if you have been opened by life's betrayals
      or have become shrivelled and closed
      from fear of further pain.

      I want to know if you can sit with pain
      mine or your own
      without moving to hide it
      or fade it
      or fix it.

      I want to know if you can be with joy
      mine or your own
      if you can dance with wildness
      and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your
      fingers and toes
      without cautioning us to
      be careful
      be realistic
      to remember the limitations of being human.

      It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling
      me
      is true.
      I want to know if you can
      disappoint another
      to be true to yourself.
      If you can bear the accusation of betrayal
      and not betray your own soul.
      If you can be faithless
      and therefore trustworthy.

      I want to know if you can see Beauty
      even when it is not pretty
      every day.
      And if you can source your own life
      from its presence.

      I want to know if you can live with failure
      yours and mine
      and still stand on the edge of the lake
      and shout to the silver of the full moon,
      "Yes."

      It doesn't interest me
      to know where you live or how much money you have.
      I want to know if you can get up
      after a night of grief and despair
      weary and bruised to the bone
      and do what needs to be done
      to feed the children.

      It doesn't interest me who you know
      or how you came to be here.
      I want to know if you will stand
      in the center of the fire
      with me
      and not shrink back.

      It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom
      you have studied.
      I want to know what sustains you
      from the inside
      when all else falls away.

      I want to know if you can be alone
      with yourself
      and if you truly like the company you keep
      in the empty moments."

      I must remember that

      Life is Uncertain--Death is Certain.....
      Use life more wisely....
      By letting go of distractions.

      I am trying too!...............

      Have a Peace-full day inside and out!