Re: Irresistibly restless legs?

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Scott B <ascottb03@y...> wrote:

      > Thank you, Karta and Bob, for your responses. To be safe, I will probably pay a visit to my doctor. However, if I am suffering from RLS, it strikes me as odd that the symptoms would coincide with my meditations. As I understand it, RLS generally affects people at night when they're trying to fall asleep, whereas my restless legs occur *only* when I meditate. Furthermore, the sensations become more profound during periods when I meditate with greater length or frequency - or with greater levels of concentration. When I stop meditating, the sensations cease at once. Because I often meditate for 10-12 hours a day, and have noticed a number of other psychological and physiological changes, I suspect it may be some sort of "kundalini" experience. Nonetheless, the suggestion to speak with my physician is a very good one.
      >
      > With warm gratitude to you both, scott

      yes, Scott your welcome, I hope you'll
      check out healthy, but iron and B12 deficiency is common among vegans, let
      alone sitting stil for such periods
      my legs were always asleep: could not
      move coming back from meditation
      immediately

      it is unusual that you are 'aware' of
      your body, since it is a deep state of meditation when the surat leaves the
      body, Surat is not the same as Kundalini
      since the later is within the spinal
      track and surat is in every cell of the
      body, but both are the life-force

      I noticed when I was meditating a lot
      that I did not need to eat and sleep
      much either

      what method are you meditating with?

      the 'dye daily' point in meditation
      comes right after the life-force left
      the body and it can involve a struggle,
      since it is 'death' and all the natural defenses come into play there again
      the main point is no acknowledgement

      a mesmerising tool as the Aum, the
      sound of silence is helpful to pass
      these hurdles