Elisabeth Targ MD: Spirituallity in medicine

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003
      I just saw on the Thinkig Allowed
      Elisabeth Targ MD's interview about
      spiriual aspects of healing She did set
      up great programs in medicine and
      examined distant healing

      "Targ, who has a reputation for doing
      solid research, says that by posing
      difficult questions about the
      relationship between spirituality and medicine, she is trying to expand the boundaries of science. When asked to
      address her critics, Targ and her
      colleagues summon analogies of Copernicus
      and liken the critics to "flatlanders,"
      or those who refused to believe
      the Earth was round.

      Both camps in the debate have passionate views. Both claim to have "empirical evidence" to prove the other side wrong.

      Neither side can fathom why the other
      thinks the way it does. Indeed, Targ's research is about much more than the
      efficacy of distant healing -- it also exemplifies the philosophical gap within
      the medical community when it comes to
      the role of spirituality in medicine.

      Is Targ a visionary heroine or a naive ideologue? Is her study a trampling or
      an advancement of science? It depends
      on whom you ask.

      Energy healer Karas, for one, says
      she is putting her faith in Targ's
      research findings, which should be
      released as early as 2003. "I hope that
      research will find that the healing
      will have positive effects," she says. "Otherwise, I'm going to have to change
      my profession."

      distant healing from Adi Da:

      It is not just My devotees who are
      noticing the signs of My world- Blessing-Work. Others also are feeling
      My Presence and are responding. . . .
      My experience is every one. I Extend
      out and I Touch you.

      When My Divine Spiritual Body Extends
      out, Its Touch Touches every one.
      Every one has felt My Spiritual Touch,
      whether they are consciously aware of
      it or not. I am Touching every one right
      now.

      If you were to lie down and extend your
      body and touch someone's body, he or
      she would feel it. Well, I am Extended everywhere like that. I am Experiencing
      all as My own Form. . . . All is in My
      View, My Touch-Field. No one is
      unfamiliar to Me. No one feels as an
      "other" to Me. All is in My Sphere. That suggests How I Work

      <http://www.adi-da-samraj.org/testimonials/>

      <http://www.psiexplorer.com/misclink.htm>
      <http://energy-spiritual-healing.com/resources-links.htm>