Mountain Climbing

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2002
      Ya know, I think that sometimes people have a realization that there
      is nothing "real" about the ego persona they have developed over the
      years, and stop there, and just look at things and just see same ol,
      same ol. You know that Zen thing that goes "First there is a
      mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is." Well, these type
      "realizers" have something like "There's a mountain." And that's
      where they stop. And they may tend to just insist that "Hey - wake up
      - there's just a mountain here. Nothing else. No God, no bliss, no
      yada,yada,yada." And almost all of these mountaineers tend to think
      that their experience is the only "real One", and that everybody else
      is on the wrong path. Unlike "unrealized" people who may see a
      mountain, and then go through many inner gymnastics like labeling
      things about the mountain, figuring out how the mountain may benefit
      or harm them, remembering things about previously known mountains,
      projecting how mountains may affect them in the future, and on and
      on.
      Then we have the Enlightened people. They see the mountain, and then
      there is no mountain...as it disappears and it's real essence, the
      same eternal essence of everything and everyone everywhere presents
      itself...Then they see the mountain. And they may point to the
      mountain and say "Keep looking. There's more to it than stones." And
      they radiate the bliss they experience, knowing the loving essence
      that they and the mountain and everything are at one with. And then
      there are the people who are so unattached to an individual ego and
      so identified with the essence that that's all their experience is.
      Often can't or don't even talk about, move about, feel about It. And
      sometimes it's part of our fate, karma, "Thy will be done"
      demonstrated right before our eyes nature to act, react, interact
      with all of them. And then, having benefited in whatever way the
      universe intended us to, go on to the next experience of life.