dealing with pain

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 11, 2003
      I just saw at Thinking Allowed program
      an interview with Dr Marcia Emery who
      talked about the inner intuitive
      doctor we all have and how to access
      it She approaches pain by asking what
      object would be at the ailing body
      part and what color it would be and
      what song pops in mind in relation to it

      and go from there to 'fix' them

      She said for example she had knee problem
      and she got the vison-answer that the
      object is a rubber band, so she
      visualised thightening the rubber-band
      for color she got icyblue.. she
      interpreted that her knee needs icing,
      not hot bath as she thought prefviously

      "Dr. Emery outlines a series of steps
      for activating the intuitive mind.
      These include framing the problem,
      centering, relaxing, receiving imagery
      interpreting the imagery and taking
      action.

      She also enumerates the positive and
      negative emotional factors that can
      interfere with the intuitive process.
      She suggests specific exercises for determining whether such obstacles are causing distortions.

      Marcia Emery, Ph.D., is adjunct professor
      at the Masters in Management program
      of Aquinas College. She is author of Dr.
      Marcia Emery's Intuition Workbook"

      http://www.thinkingallowed.com/azlist.html
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 15, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Greg Goode <
        goode@d...> wrote:

        And as you know, having read my list of "32 Characteristics of EOs"
        there are lots of notions of enlightenment. Thanks for clarifying what
        you mean here.

        > --Greg

        You're welcome. #32 is still
        my favorite. Incense of patchouli