Re: New_theory/Bobby

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
      <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little machine
      > was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.

      Oh no, Bobby, I really adored Claire in that movie. If I could be
      anyone else in my makebelieve world, I would be Claire, hooked up to
      that dream machine, believe me. Any derision you detect is pure
      jealousy. :)

      > I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain fried
      > like me. Heh, heh.
      >
      > Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night
      > and day until everyone is in one frame of mind.

      Yep.

      > What was interesting to me was that the
      > brainwave entrainment stopped working on
      > me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
      > proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
      > intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
      > least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.

      Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the notes.

      > Still shakin'
      > Bobby G.

      Hehe, ever heard of a Chi Machine?

      http://www.thechimachine.com/

      still undulating,
      Nina
    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 10, 2003
        <murrkis@y...> wrote:
        > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > > I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little
        machine
        > > was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.
        >
        > Oh no, Bobby, I really adored Claire in that movie. If I could be
        > anyone else in my makebelieve world, I would be Claire, hooked up
        > that dream machine, believe me. Any derision you detect is pure
        > jealousy. :)

        Hi Nina:

        Not a problem.
        I was surprised to see that you can get one of the machines now for
        $129 on one of the sites that Karta looked up. As they don't work on
        me any more except as a reminder to do atma vichara I won't be
        getting one.

        I think the BEM was useful to me to understand about the theta BW.
        It makes you sleepy and if you get used to it instead of giving in
        and falling asleep the focus is improved during meditation.

        > > I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain
        fried
        > > like me. Heh, heh.
        > >
        > > Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night
        > > and day until everyone is in one frame of mind.
        >
        > Yep.
        >
        > > What was interesting to me was that the
        > > brainwave entrainment stopped working on
        > > me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
        > > proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
        > > intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
        > > least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.
        >
        > Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the notes.
        >
        > > Still shakin'
        > > Bobby G.
        >
        > Hehe, ever heard of a Chi Machine?

        Interesting. Seriously, I found a lot of people do not want to have
        their brain programmed, although we do that on roller coasters,
        dating, movies, etc. The idea of thought transference and group mind
        has been proposed as the future of this tech.

        If one could write mentally on the computer through a direct wetware
        link then you could electronically link up with hundreds of others
        doing the same thing and get one powerful thinking tool.

        Opponents might bring up that thinking is the problem anyhoo.

        Love
        Bobby G.