Pilgrimage to India

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
      We received some information from one of the nicest people on the
      planet, Swami Sharadananda, detailing what will surely be a most
      spititually beneficial visit to India. It will include many stops at
      some of the most Holy places there. Some of the text got mixed up in
      cyber-space (Possibly due to Mac vs PC incompatability problems), but
      here is some of what survived. Please be quick to reply to Swamiji if
      you are considering going...

      Sri Swami Sivanandaji's Kutir; meditation in Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji's
      Tapas Kutir at Swargashram; puja for special intentions of
      pilgrimage group; ashram tour; meditation with Sri Swami
      Jivanmuktanandaji, head of Sivananda Ashram. Visit to Haridwar,
      with cable-car ride to Mensadevi Temple and sunset Arati at the
      Ganges. Stop-over in Delhi, with historic city tour, shopping in
      craft shops, day trip to Agra and the Taj Mahal. Delhi accommodations
      in 5-star hotel. All accommodations, ground transportation and
      entrance fees. Facility: Beautiful, secluded Indian Heritage hotel.
      Private cottages, double-occupany,over-looking the Ganges. Originally
      a private garden-retreat of the Maharaja of Tehri Garhwal. This
      location is considered auspicious because it is the only place where
      the Ganges flows towards the north. Please note: because it is a
      small, private facility, there will be only double-occupany available
      for the retreat. For city hotels, there will be a single supplement
      of $150.This tour is for people who meditate and can sit for longer
      periods. Registration: Estimated cost: $1000-1200. Non-refundable
      deposit due by 15 August. Not included: air-fare, meals outside of
      retreat. Retreat is scheduled so that those who wish, may continue on
      to the South for Jayanthi with Sri Gurudev. Please contact Swami
      Sharadananda, (434) 969-3121, ext 115;
      Email to: sharadananda@... for further information. OM
      Shanti.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2002
        We have found out that the Programme itself is for 2-15 Dec.