Re: New_theory/Bobby

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:
      > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > > dear Bobby,
      > > >
      > > > if you are not using the devices would
      > > > you sell them for me?
      > > >
      > > > love, Karta
      > >
      > > Sorry Karta, it burned out after a
      > > few years. It was fun though.
      > > Mine was the "David Paradise" from Comptronics.
      > > They cost about 595
      > > dollars new. Maybe Ebay has one.
      > >
      > > Ramon was selling a mind mirror cheap.
      > > When he comes back you might
      > > ask him about it.
      > >
      > > Love
      > > Bobby G.
      >
      > Have y'all ever seen the second half
      > of the movie "Until the End of the World"?
      > Claire becomes addicted to a dreaming
      > machine - it seems worse than heroin.
      > Karta, you oughta watch it before
      > you invest in any machines. Recall also
      > of the experiments with rats who were
      > shown the button connected to stimulators
      > of the pleasure centers in their brains.
      > They pressed that button again and again
      > until their little rat bodies plopped over
      > dead. As evidenced by the burn out of Bobby's
      > machine, biofeedback meditation machines may
      > garner a similar degree of use. :) Only thing
      > that might get more use would be a machine
      > use to achieve mind-blowing orgasms.
      > Uh, did I say that? /big ole innocent grin/
      >
      > Nina

      I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little machine
      was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.

      I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain fried
      like me. Heh, heh.

      Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night and
      day until everyone is in one frame of mind.

      What was interesting to me was that the brainwave entrainment stopped
      working on me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
      proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
      intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
      least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.

      Still shakin'
      Bobby G.
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
        <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little machine
        > was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.

        Oh no, Bobby, I really adored Claire in that movie. If I could be
        anyone else in my makebelieve world, I would be Claire, hooked up to
        that dream machine, believe me. Any derision you detect is pure
        jealousy. :)

        > I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain fried
        > like me. Heh, heh.
        >
        > Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night
        > and day until everyone is in one frame of mind.

        Yep.

        > What was interesting to me was that the
        > brainwave entrainment stopped working on
        > me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
        > proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
        > intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
        > least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.

        Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the notes.

        > Still shakin'
        > Bobby G.

        Hehe, ever heard of a Chi Machine?

        http://www.thechimachine.com/

        still undulating,
        Nina
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 10, 2003
          <murrkis@y...> wrote:
          > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > > I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little
          machine
          > > was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.
          >
          > Oh no, Bobby, I really adored Claire in that movie. If I could be
          > anyone else in my makebelieve world, I would be Claire, hooked up
          > that dream machine, believe me. Any derision you detect is pure
          > jealousy. :)

          Hi Nina:

          Not a problem.
          I was surprised to see that you can get one of the machines now for
          $129 on one of the sites that Karta looked up. As they don't work on
          me any more except as a reminder to do atma vichara I won't be
          getting one.

          I think the BEM was useful to me to understand about the theta BW.
          It makes you sleepy and if you get used to it instead of giving in
          and falling asleep the focus is improved during meditation.

          > > I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain
          fried
          > > like me. Heh, heh.
          > >
          > > Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night
          > > and day until everyone is in one frame of mind.
          >
          > Yep.
          >
          > > What was interesting to me was that the
          > > brainwave entrainment stopped working on
          > > me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
          > > proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
          > > intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
          > > least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.
          >
          > Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the notes.
          >
          > > Still shakin'
          > > Bobby G.
          >
          > Hehe, ever heard of a Chi Machine?

          Interesting. Seriously, I found a lot of people do not want to have
          their brain programmed, although we do that on roller coasters,
          dating, movies, etc. The idea of thought transference and group mind
          has been proposed as the future of this tech.

          If one could write mentally on the computer through a direct wetware
          link then you could electronically link up with hundreds of others
          doing the same thing and get one powerful thinking tool.

          Opponents might bring up that thinking is the problem anyhoo.

          Love
          Bobby G.