Re: New_theory/Bobby

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
      <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > dear Bobby,
      > >
      > > if you are not using the devices would
      > > you sell them for me?
      > >
      > > love, Karta
      >
      > Sorry Karta, it burned out after a
      > few years. It was fun though.
      > Mine was the "David Paradise" from Comptronics.
      > They cost about 595
      > dollars new. Maybe Ebay has one.
      >
      > Ramon was selling a mind mirror cheap.
      > When he comes back you might
      > ask him about it.
      >
      > Love
      > Bobby G.

      Have y'all ever seen the second half
      of the movie "Until the End of the World"?
      Claire becomes addicted to a dreaming
      machine - it seems worse than heroin.
      Karta, you oughta watch it before
      you invest in any machines. Recall also
      of the experiments with rats who were
      shown the button connected to stimulators
      of the pleasure centers in their brains.
      They pressed that button again and again
      until their little rat bodies plopped over
      dead. As evidenced by the burn out of Bobby's
      machine, biofeedback meditation machines may
      garner a similar degree of use. :) Only thing
      that might get more use would be a machine
      use to achieve mind-blowing orgasms.
      Uh, did I say that? /big ole innocent grin/

      Nina
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
        > Have y'all ever seen the second half
        > of the movie "Until the End of the World"?
        > Claire becomes addicted to a dreaming
        > machine - it seems worse than heroin.
        > Karta, you oughta watch it before
        > you invest in any machines. Recall also
        > of the experiments with rats who were
        > shown the button connected to stimulators
        > of the pleasure centers in their brains.
        > They pressed that button again and again
        > until their little rat bodies plopped over
        > dead. As evidenced by the burn out of Bobby's
        > machine, biofeedback meditation machines may
        > garner a similar degree of use. :) Only thing
        > that might get more use would be a machine
        > use to achieve mind-blowing orgasms.
        > Uh, did I say that? /big ole innocent grin/

        hahaha it is done already..

        paradise enginering

        <http://www.paradise-engineering.com/heaven.htm>

        Try summoning up the most delightful
        fantasy you can imagine. Try and imagine,
        too, feeling more blissfully fulfilled
        in pursuing whatever you love and value
        than you've ever felt before.

              Unfortunately it's quite futile.
        We run such simulations on legacy
        wetware. Even the most virile imagination
        glimpses only a shadow of the
        biological nirvana awaiting our
        descendants. For decoding the human
        genome allows happiness beyond the
        bounds of contemporary human experience
        to be genetically pre-programmed. In
        a post-Darwinian era of paradise- engineering, life on earth will be inconc=
        eivably good.

              The Hedonistic Imperative predicts
        we are poised to explore a spectrum
        of outrageously beautiful states of consciousness. Potentially, states of
        consciousness far more sublime than
        today's fleeting "peak experiences"
        can become part of the texture of
        everyday life. The advent of utopian biotechnology permits our genetically =
        enriched descendants to be animated by gradients of immense well-being - in =

        contrast to our animalistic mix of
        pleasure and pain. In the new
        reproductive era of "designer babies", gradients of innate bliss can form t=
        he bedrock of invincible mental health.

                Today, the prospect of paradise-engineering still sounds weird,
        Brave New Worldish - and perhaps "unnatural". Yet the metabolic pathways
        underlying heavenly states of
        consciousness are neither more nor
        less "natural" than any other patterns
        of matter and energy elsewhere in space-time.

        for now I'll get the Brain machine for
        $7.99 and Perl Jam's binaural Beat

        check these out 'God state helmetc'

        http://www.centerpointe.com/demo/index.cfm

        http://www.bidstrup.com/mystic.htm

        http://www.avsjournal.com/shaktihelmet.html

        http://www.innerworlds.50megs.com/

        > Nina
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > hahaha it is done already..
          >
          > paradise enginering
          >
          > <http://www.paradise-engineering.com/heaven.htm>

          LOL, Karta! Finally, a really good reason for Monsanto to exist.

          Um, can one be retro-actively genetically engineered?

          still laughin',
          Nina
        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
            <murrkis@y...> wrote:
            > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            > > > dear Bobby,
            > > >
            > > > if you are not using the devices would
            > > > you sell them for me?
            > > >
            > > > love, Karta
            > >
            > > Sorry Karta, it burned out after a
            > > few years. It was fun though.
            > > Mine was the "David Paradise" from Comptronics.
            > > They cost about 595
            > > dollars new. Maybe Ebay has one.
            > >
            > > Ramon was selling a mind mirror cheap.
            > > When he comes back you might
            > > ask him about it.
            > >
            > > Love
            > > Bobby G.
            >
            > Have y'all ever seen the second half
            > of the movie "Until the End of the World"?
            > Claire becomes addicted to a dreaming
            > machine - it seems worse than heroin.
            > Karta, you oughta watch it before
            > you invest in any machines. Recall also
            > of the experiments with rats who were
            > shown the button connected to stimulators
            > of the pleasure centers in their brains.
            > They pressed that button again and again
            > until their little rat bodies plopped over
            > dead. As evidenced by the burn out of Bobby's
            > machine, biofeedback meditation machines may
            > garner a similar degree of use. :) Only thing
            > that might get more use would be a machine
            > use to achieve mind-blowing orgasms.
            > Uh, did I say that? /big ole innocent grin/
            >
            > Nina

            I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little machine
            was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.

            I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain fried
            like me. Heh, heh.

            Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night and
            day until everyone is in one frame of mind.

            What was interesting to me was that the brainwave entrainment stopped
            working on me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
            proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
            intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
            least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.

            Still shakin'
            Bobby G.
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
              <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
              > I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little machine
              > was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.

              Oh no, Bobby, I really adored Claire in that movie. If I could be
              anyone else in my makebelieve world, I would be Claire, hooked up to
              that dream machine, believe me. Any derision you detect is pure
              jealousy. :)

              > I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain fried
              > like me. Heh, heh.
              >
              > Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night
              > and day until everyone is in one frame of mind.

              Yep.

              > What was interesting to me was that the
              > brainwave entrainment stopped working on
              > me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
              > proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
              > intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
              > least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.

              Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the notes.

              > Still shakin'
              > Bobby G.

              Hehe, ever heard of a Chi Machine?

              http://www.thechimachine.com/

              still undulating,
              Nina
            • texasbg2000
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 10, 2003
                <murrkis@y...> wrote:
                > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                > > I sense a little derision. It's alright though, my little
                machine
                > > was worn to a nubbin before it quit chubbin.
                >
                > Oh no, Bobby, I really adored Claire in that movie. If I could be
                > anyone else in my makebelieve world, I would be Claire, hooked up
                > that dream machine, believe me. Any derision you detect is pure
                > jealousy. :)

                Hi Nina:

                Not a problem.
                I was surprised to see that you can get one of the machines now for
                $129 on one of the sites that Karta looked up. As they don't work on
                me any more except as a reminder to do atma vichara I won't be
                getting one.

                I think the BEM was useful to me to understand about the theta BW.
                It makes you sleepy and if you get used to it instead of giving in
                and falling asleep the focus is improved during meditation.

                > > I had a few friends that would not hook up to get their brain
                fried
                > > like me. Heh, heh.
                > >
                > > Brainwave entrainment is as old as the native drums beating night
                > > and day until everyone is in one frame of mind.
                >
                > Yep.
                >
                > > What was interesting to me was that the
                > > brainwave entrainment stopped working on
                > > me after I started atma vichara. I surmise that the BW
                > > proportions in that state are stable in a way which resists
                > > intrusion. It makes sense that be the case. There should be at
                > > least one patterning that is magnetic to the attention.
                >
                > Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the notes.
                >
                > > Still shakin'
                > > Bobby G.
                >
                > Hehe, ever heard of a Chi Machine?

                Interesting. Seriously, I found a lot of people do not want to have
                their brain programmed, although we do that on roller coasters,
                dating, movies, etc. The idea of thought transference and group mind
                has been proposed as the future of this tech.

                If one could write mentally on the computer through a direct wetware
                link then you could electronically link up with hundreds of others
                doing the same thing and get one powerful thinking tool.

                Opponents might bring up that thinking is the problem anyhoo.

                Love
                Bobby G.