Re: interesting ramifications...

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 9:32 AM
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, all, I linked to this article through the Utne Reader. We hear a
      > lot about the fight/flight function, but this article puts another
      > spin on it. It has some interesting implications for how one makes
      > space for management of stress in the workplace, and stress in
      > general, beyond meditating.
      >
      > http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/gender/tendfend.html
      >
      > have a good day,
      > Nina

      Dear Nina,
      Thanks very much. I just actually saw this reaction
      by females to a high stress situation (the death of
      a loved one) play out exactly as described in the
      article. This benefit of friendship is probably just
      the tip of the iceburg in our understanding of how
      stress affects women, and hopefully will lead to more
      research, including how men and women react together.
      The bulk of research being done exclusivly on men has
      been beneficial, but now must expand to include all.