interesting ramifications...

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
      Hi, all, I linked to this article through the Utne Reader. We hear a
      lot about the fight/flight function, but this article puts another
      spin on it. It has some interesting implications for how one makes
      space for management of stress in the workplace, and stress in
      general, beyond meditating.

      http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/gender/tendfend.html

      have a good day,
      Nina
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
        <murrkis@y...> wrote:
        > Hi, all, I linked to this article through the Utne Reader. We hear a
        > lot about the fight/flight function, but this article puts another
        > spin on it. It has some interesting implications for how one makes
        > space for management of stress in the workplace, and stress in
        > general, beyond meditating.
        >
        > http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/gender/tendfend.html
        >
        > have a good day,
        > Nina

        Dear Nina,
        Thanks very much. I just actually saw this reaction
        by females to a high stress situation (the death of
        a loved one) play out exactly as described in the
        article. This benefit of friendship is probably just
        the tip of the iceburg in our understanding of how
        stress affects women, and hopefully will lead to more
        research, including how men and women react together.
        The bulk of research being done exclusivly on men has
        been beneficial, but now must expand to include all.