Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Success of Visualization

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7 3:06 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Greg Goode
      <goode@d...> wrote:
      > I agree. Here's a funny but relevant example. Balance!
      Visualization helped me to achieve this equilibrium:

      > http://oldskooltrack.com/files/greg-no-hands.frame.html
      >
      > Love,
      >
      > --Greg

      Dear Gregji,
      Amazing!! Don't you also ride without brakes on your bike?
      Now that really must take more than just visualization.
      Perhaps prayer and good health insurance :-)
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7 8:33 PM
        <goode@d...> wrote:
        > I agree. Here's a funny but relevant example. Balance!
        Visualization helped me to achieve this equilibrium:

        > http://oldskooltrack.com/files/greg-no-hands.frame.html
        >
        > Love,
        >
        > --Greg

        hahahaha!!! You look lovely!

        ml

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8 1:53 AM
          "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
          > The Success of Visualization

> [...]

          Dear Papajeff,
          Ok, you were right about Tampa Bay last year,
          but that was then and this is now, and other
          similar cliche's. The Eagles will more than
          visualize winning the Superbowl, and will be
          starting their season with a Monday night
          win over the Bucs Sept. 8 :-) Ok now for the
          'serious'. No doubt that the term "visualization"
          is far removed from the show-biz flavor attached
          to "hypnosis", and thus far more easily accepted
          by the so-called public, but with Business Week
          and Time both featuring Meditation as their cover
          stories in the past 2 weeks, I think it's the right
          time for meditation to come out of the closet and
          use its own name. It's day, or rather dark night,
          of being thought of as a frivolous new age play
          thing is over and its benefits no longer are being
          ignored. And what I think will really "make it
          happen" is its cost effectiveness. There is no
          better dollar for dollar deal in health care than
          meditation. And as the economy goes down, and the
          stress goes up, the practical thing to do is to
          encourage meditating. It will surely be far more
          likely that people will be able to visualize
          themselves being content, healthy and happy than to
          think that tax rebates to the rich will do the job:-)
          Thanks for sharing (in spite of the jab at the birds).
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8 4:12 AM
            > Thanks for sharing (in spite of the jab at the birds).
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

            Hi Bob -

            Hey, maybe you could try