The Success of Visualization

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003

      note, the use of the word
      visualization may help bring
      meditation into those areas,
      specifically schools, where
      there is still some resistance.

      Jeff
    • Greg Goode
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
        I agree. Here's a funny but relevant example. Balance! Visualization helped me to achieve this equilibrium:

        http://oldskooltrack.com/files/greg-no-hands.frame.html

        Love,

        --Greg

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Greg Goode
          <goode@d...> wrote:
          > I agree. Here's a funny but relevant example. Balance!
          Visualization helped me to achieve this equilibrium:

          > http://oldskooltrack.com/files/greg-no-hands.frame.html
          >
          > Love,
          >
          > --Greg

          Dear Gregji,
          Amazing!! Don't you also ride without brakes on your bike?
          Now that really must take more than just visualization.
          Perhaps prayer and good health insurance :-)
        • mlcanow
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
            <goode@d...> wrote:
            > I agree. Here's a funny but relevant example. Balance!
            Visualization helped me to achieve this equilibrium:

            > http://oldskooltrack.com/files/greg-no-hands.frame.html
            >
            > Love,
            >
            > --Greg

            hahahaha!!! You look lovely!

            ml

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2003
              "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
              > The Success of Visualization

> [...]

              Dear Papajeff,
              Ok, you were right about Tampa Bay last year,
              but that was then and this is now, and other
              similar cliche's. The Eagles will more than
              visualize winning the Superbowl, and will be
              starting their season with a Monday night
              win over the Bucs Sept. 8 :-) Ok now for the
              'serious'. No doubt that the term "visualization"
              is far removed from the show-biz flavor attached
              to "hypnosis", and thus far more easily accepted
              by the so-called public, but with Business Week
              and Time both featuring Meditation as their cover
              stories in the past 2 weeks, I think it's the right
              time for meditation to come out of the closet and
              use its own name. It's day, or rather dark night,
              of being thought of as a frivolous new age play
              thing is over and its benefits no longer are being
              ignored. And what I think will really "make it
              happen" is its cost effectiveness. There is no
              better dollar for dollar deal in health care than
              meditation. And as the economy goes down, and the
              stress goes up, the practical thing to do is to
              encourage meditating. It will surely be far more
              likely that people will be able to visualize
              themselves being content, healthy and happy than to
              think that tax rebates to the rich will do the job:-)
              Thanks for sharing (in spite of the jab at the birds).
            • Jeff Belyea
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 8, 2003
                > Thanks for sharing (in spite of the jab at the birds).
                > Peace and blessings,
                > Bob

                Hi Bob -

                Hey, maybe you could try