Meditation In Education

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
      Here is an updated and slightly altered version of a letter we sent
      all the School Board members in the 37 largest cities, all the
      Governors, Senators, and many members of the House. Please consider
      using it, or something similar to help advance the concept of having
      Meditation added to the curriculum of our schools.

      Meditation in Education

      First Jonesboro and Columbine. Could anything have been done to
      prevent these tragedies? Can we do something to help prevent future
      devastation? Were the students in these schools ever given the
      knowledge of how to deal with stress in a healthy way, and will these
      methods be made available in the future? Will they be able to deal
      with the fears 9/11 brought about and the similar ones they will be
      facing?

      We go to school and have facts, theories, data, etc., fill our minds
      and then are miserable ever after. For instance, how often has the
      time you devoted to studying geometry been something you used in your
      life? Has the study of any subject you took in school made you a
      happier, clearer-thinking person? Did you learn anything in any of
      your classes that helps you deal with the stress you now face? Do you
      want your children to face the same outcome? If not, please consider
      helping the Meditation Society of America in its quest to have
      meditation added to the curriculum of every grade level in every
      school, from kindergarten through college.

      There is no better stress management method than meditation. It is
      the
      surest way to gain control over your mind, body and emotions. It can
      be easily learned and has a 100% positive result on everyone, of any
      age, who meditates. We all need to change this generation of
      stressed-out, road-raging, anxious and depressed people to a nation
      of
      clear thinking, serene, mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy
      citizens. Change our children from Ritalin/alcohol/Prozac/drug users
      to the naturally healthy and happy kids they should be. Meditation
      can
      do this more cost-efficiently and without any negative side effects
      than any other way.

      Please write, call, or email your school board, and your local, state
      and national politicians and let them know that you want Meditation
      taught in our schools. Contact your local and the national media
      sources. There are dozens of methods and concepts freely offered on
      Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com the web site of
      the Meditation Society of America, as well as on many other fine web
      sites that share this wonderful knowledge with all who seek it.

      Please feel free to contact us with your comments and please consider
      joining us in this project. It is inevitable that meditation will one
      day be offered in our schools. Let's make it happen sooner than later.

      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America
      medit8@...
    • tjperez
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
        I'm afraid that will cause profit cuts to the pharmaceutical
        companies and they will lobby the government to prevent that.